Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clinical trial co-ordinator job before residency - glucose
Can any one tell if being a clinical trial co-ordinator in a very good university help us in anyway in getting into residency.will the LOR's help.

Best thing you could do.
Not at all to me
If you want to get into a program in this hospital, then do anything there to get connection. If it is just a job, I don't know how much it helps as a coordinator normally does not involve in writing grant proposal, literature review and manuscript. But if your name is going to be on one of the trails you are coordinating, then it is worth. If I were you, I prefer to have hands on clinical experience, even a medical assistant. This is just my personal opinion.
Yes, this experience plus the LORs from your PIs will help. It is far better than so-called observerships. As a trial co-ordinator you will interact with patients.
A job which you get pay is always good, as you need to take responsibilities and you are expected to work to earn your paycheck. An observership in a residency training hospital is very good. You will see what may happen on your day one residency. You see how people work together and interact with patients, and more importantly you can join grand rounds and learn principle of inpatinet management. PDs should appreciate that if your physician can write a good letter, saying you have good motivation on learning and you are a fast learner, good bedside manner, good personality and work ethic.....
glucose,

may i ask you how you landed this job..? was it connections or you just called up hospitals..? I'm trying to look for such jobs, but they are nearly immposible to find!!
It is true, they are hard to fnd unless you have a BS or a certificate in Clinical trial (1y), or you know a PI who wants to help you.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »