Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Exam experience - afroz
I gave my exam 2 days ago. Here's a brief description of my experience.

Preparation: UW, UW CCS only

Prep time: 1 1/2 months

DAY 1 - 7 blocks of MCQs - finished all but one block on time. Found UW to be adequate resource for prep. Felt the topics tested are only the common problems. There is never a problem to diagnose any case, it is the management that is tested usually the treatment(75%) and further investigation (25%). Common topics - DM(extensively tested), HT esp secondary HT

Sorry need to go now ...rest later
congratulation --take it wherever you go go
congratulation ......
Relax and enjoy.....
Congrats!!!!!!!! & Good Luck.
Thanks savvy, ama and bobby101.
I am sorry for the incomplete post and delay. I hope u find this useful.

Common topics - DM(extensively tested), HT esp secondary HT,ADHD, autism, anemia, alzheimers in particular. Other topics - bursitis, DDH, Scoliosis, inversion injury, eneuresis,
seizures, narcolepsy - not even one Q was based on a rare disease.
Lots o Derm pictures and ECG. I had a tough time with the Derm pictures. The ECGs were standard no unusual ECGs.
I had to media clips - one was a heart murmur and another I cant remember.
Most Q about treatment, some ask about diagnosis and some about most likely physical finding int this situation.

Although most recommend going thro Kaplan CK I did not do that as I felt there is a lot of difference in the 2 exams. I would say UW is enough

CCS - sorry will have to write about it in my next post.

Congratulations! You're almost there. Do keep us posted =) Good luck
thank you, congratulations.
rest and keep us posted.
Thanks xthine ,milagros,

CCS - Well I thought that was the most difficult section. I felt I should have spent more time on preparing for it. While we are used to MCQs, CCS is new hence requiring more effort from us. All the cases where from the UW 88 cases. I mistake I did was that I read them only once. I feel had I read them 3 times I would have been better off. Just common cases like urinary tract infection, hypertension, diabetes.

Be well prepared with CCS - read UW cases atleast 3 times.

In the MCQ section I had x-rays where the further managent rested on being able to detect presence of fracture. It is important to identify fracture on x-ray. For eg one of the Q was about a child with fall and swelling with an x-ray and asked what to do further - cast or no cast - as there was no fracture I chose no cast as the option.

I wish everyone the very best. I will post my result here when I get it.
Hi everyone,
I passed by the Grace of God with 85/205.
Goodbye,
Afroz
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »