Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is extension lawful with b1 b2 visa? - draka
heloo guys! i got B1 and B2 multiple entry visa for 5 yrs for my CS exam.But at the portal of entry i was stamped 3months entry only,but i want to stay for more time because
1.i am volunteering research in american hospital.
2.i want to appear in the coming interviews in oct etc.
3.i want to appear in step 3 in dec/jan.
Can any body plz tell me if under these circumstances extension is possible and how much time can i stay maximum if extension is possible,
Does extension have any negative impact on future green card or H1B visa
If i have to go after 3 months can i go to country other than home country,
How much time should i stay in the country before coming back
can B1 B2 visa or J1 visa be converted into H1B visa?
plz if anyone knows let me know, sooooo many thanx.
Hi! What you could do is to have your I94 extended and not your visa. There are forms and information booklets that you could download on the USCIS website. The fee is 300 dollars and it takes about 3-4 months until you get the decision. As far as I know the maximum number of months that they give is 6 months. My extension application was granted, I requested for an additional 4 months so I could stay for Step 3, they only gave me an additional 1.5 months.

In my experience, i feel that having an I94 extension (even if granted) has a negative impact on future visa issues. I had my single entry visa renewed recently and during the interview the consul told me that I would have a hard time getting a visa next time because I stayed in the US for 5 months.

Anyway, since you have a multiple entry visa why not just exit the US and then come back for Step 3 and IVs?

Hope this helps...
hi bro
It depends on the purpose of visit they ask at the port of entry
ideally they should give it for a span of 6 months but it depends.
i dont feel it is good for u to extend
u can go to any country other than home country
but they dont care how long u stay in any place
but u should have a valid reason for the next entry apart from exam
good luck
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »