Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
question -
newdiscov

what is the definition of an "observership" for the purpose of the residency application? Is it just when you walk around and follow the doctor and watch what he/she does without too much interaction with patients? And also, I assume it would be something unlike a clerkship, which you get credit for by your university. Am I correct? Pls let me know thanks.
aisha

exactly!
cue

Technically in observership you don't have any patient contact. It's purely a volunteer work and you are not even supposed to take bp!!! You just observe and follow. That's why many residency programs do not consider observership a us clinical experience.
me

mnan nobody will know it is an observership unless u put it there ....................ok.just put roation in......
be smart dr.
newdiscov

well, the thing is i did get to do more than just "watch"........took bp, did cardio/resp exam, etc.............for about a month, month and half while waiting to start my univ-based rotations. but since it was not a university-credit clerkship/rotation, i don't know what to call it??
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »