Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interview on Mid-Feb, is it too late? -
DUO

I feel strange thant the PC give me a date of Mid-Feb interview date. Does this mean I am a backup for them? Isn't that too late?

Also she told me that I should let them know in advance for cancellation and THEY WILL LWT ME KNOW IF THEY NEED TO CANCEL IT.

Input please!!! I got only 2 calls. SHoul I think this is a 0.5 call?
DUO

anyone ? please
GL

I thinkit depends on the type of program, some good programs do interview upto mid-feb, but others do arrange interviews upto mid-feb as a back-up. I think you should look at what type of program it is, and secondly if possible after a few weeks try to change it to an earlier date. Good luck
DUO

thank you for your input. i think i am in a position of backup, since she told me she will let me know if they cancel my interview.
my 2 cents

I think she gave you that date because all their interview slots prior to that are probably filled up. And maybe the reason why she said that they may cancel is that they may have already found all the candidates they need by that date. I agree with GL, after 2/3 weeks, try to change to an earlier date and keep trying till you get one. Good luck...
Matrix

Hi Duo,
a number of programs say that there is no advantage to interviewing early or late.It only matters if u want a prematch.If u are going in thru the match, it doesnt matter . They score u as they interview and they'll bring these scores up when they intend to rank .
Go and give it ur best shot whenever u are told to come
B.R.

Nov, Dec, Jan or Feb

I don't think it really matters much just be confident show them that you are willing and able to work hard and be yourself, even if you are a alternative which i do not think so you have still be given a chance to shine so kick some ass!!

Goodluck on all your interviews
DUO

thank you all for your input. this is how we made this forum wonderful.

I will do my best for the int. since I got only 2!

Best of luck.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »