Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how many programs are u all planning to apply? - lovefail
Guys I would like to start a thread on...... what do you think is good number to apply......ofcourse including our financial constraints.

I myself planning to apply for 100 IM, 15 med/peds, 30 FM.
I am going to apply for 30 IM programs at most 40.Is this small number?
R u kidding.... no not a small number if you a american medical grad my dear stenosis.....AMG's apply for 10 - 15 programs on average.

I am talking about FMG's average number of programs.....
I am IMG
Ohhhhh......then I guess it might be a small number....if ur planning to apply for only IM and if u need a visa my dear stenosis....
stenosis! if u r a recent graduate [1-2 yr since graduation] with scores in high 90s, have contatcs in US,then 40 is a decent no. and 60-70 a SAFE number.
Hey Guys
I'm thinking of applying to 70 or 80 IM programs.My major limitation being IMG and not being a recent grad.I passed out in 2003.Do I qualify programs which ask graduation within last 5 years?
thanks
thampo
Stenosis! Do you know how much you are going to pay for applying
I think it is way too many programmes you are to apply especially if you are applying only speciality
Hello, what matters is not the number of programs you apply to but how well u research on their requirements and see how well you fulfill their requirements. I personally feel that applying to 60 programs whos criteria u fulfill is better that 100 which are not well checked.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »