Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
observership but no lor - chirkut
i did 5 week observership last yr but couldn't manage to get a lor from there.
should i mention about that observership in my cv or it will be difficult to justify why i don't have lor from that program?
* that is my only usce
thanks
why did you not get one? Five weeks is good time of coarse you can mention it still
thanks hypersexual.
At the end my observership PD asked me for prematch but i wanted to go for the match. The faculty whom i requested for lor said he will send it to, me but i never received it...basically at the end they were not happy with my decision.
if i will mention observership in my application what I can say about not having lor? I will appreciate any advice.
thanks again
well,chirkut,i did an observership too,where i didnt get an LOR....just mention in ur CAF about the observership....

I am simply surprised that u refused to accept their prematch offer....i mean its very competitive,and they must really like u to offer u this....I believe anyone else would have jumped onto that offer...anyways,u must have had ur reasons..

all the best....
Refusing Prematch means he wants to go for the best..but anyway.. I did an Observership last year and did not get any LOR...actually I did not ask for it..as it was late for the match.. This year I asked for LOR and my professor gladly gave one and she sent it to ECFMG directly.
thanks med2004
thanks okieowl .
Hi Chirkut,
Do they offer pre-match even before ERAS opens for PD's. The only reason I ask this is I am doing an observorship at an University Hospital and would like to ask for a pre-match but I fear by doing that I am only making a point that I am a weak candidate, begging stuff and have low self-pride. Please advice. Any other advice from anybody on that topic would be appreciated.

Osler
Chirkut, in the CAF, where did you put ur observership? Under WORK or VOLUNTEER experiences? Im just curious...thanks ....
as volunteer experience.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »