Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
chances for family medicine - dazed77
I am applying to all programs throughout the country (excluding most universities). My credentials are 76/84/2nd attempt. To take step 3 soon. 1 1/2 yrs externship exp. with nearly one year in FM, 2 yrs research. Strong lor's, 2 from FM attendings. GC.

I am very nervous as this is my 3rd yr applying. Last yr i applied mostly to int medine, this year I am not because of low scores.

What are my chances in FM??? Good luck to all!

Happy Ganesh Chaturthi!
Please someone reply...Its pretty distressing
with gud lors,gc and usce...ur chances are gud as far as i know.
hi. i have the same creds as you do. and i'm so scared as well. i tried the match last year and didn't make it, my CV was kinda empty. now i've added more to my CV and hopefully that will help. did you have all your usce last year when you applied?
Thanks for your reply doc9997 and I wish you all the best this year!

Any more opinions??
i think it will depend on your USCE. is it externship or observership. it is a handon US clinic experience, your chance is higher.
Yes, they are all hands on. I had almost the same last year when i applied, except i didn't have a green card then. trying to get step3 in. Its scary.
how is your step 3 study. is it harder than step 2? certainly step 3 passing score is very helpful. when are you going to take it? because i plan to take it in several months.
It is harder than step 2... the questions are all management q's and ccs requires practice. i plan to take it at the end of the month at the latest.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »