Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
H1 or H1B - reghu
Hi whats the difference? and what should 1 select if u want the program to sponsor ur visa? am confused
H1b..thats the skilled workers visa....
ok...thnx...

also..I am an EAD holder...

I have chosen
1. EAD
2. H1B

can I choose 'Immigrant' as well?

Thanks
no idea about that...i am on a B2 visa .....
anyne?
hello?
First of all, if you have a EAD, it means you have applied for your green card and it is pending. I'm not sure what type of visa (H1 or H4 etc) you was holding when you applied for your GC. But, if it was not an H1B, then you shouldn't say H1B as expected visa that you'll hold. That is like going backward, as it needs full sponsorship from the employer, unlike EAD.
You may also not say "Immigrant", as no one can guarantee that. The whole green card process is a game of dates, it goes a month ahead and few years back every now and then.
I kinda disagree with you goodwill2008...

Lets say reghu applied for his/her gc as a dependent...he/she is on H4 but has an EAD (which he/she hasnt used yet)...since his/her current state is h4...he/she can choose to use EAD or if the hosp sponsors his/her H1...he/she can take it...so I feel u can specify EAD as well as H1B...IMHO...
oh on another note...

I completely agree with you that gc is a 'game of dates'...if thats how u'd like to call it Smile

anyone else?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »