Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
76 on step 1 any hope? - nini99
I got 76 on step1, passed cs. No us lors, but good lors from my country, no us clinical experience. Need visa. Graduated< 4 years ago. I plan to take step 2 ck in 4 weeks.
What are my chances of matching this year? Should i put in my applications now and hope that my ck will be very good, or wait until i have my ck result, or at least have taken the ck exam and apply end of october or mid november. Will it be too late? When is the latest possible time i can apply for this year's match?
Please advice me.
try to get some US clinical experience and make sure you get good score in CK
We're pretty much on the same boat, I was struggling with my desicion to apply or not apply... but an attending physician here told me... Do it... APPLY! So I did it, oh well I was already ECFMG certificated, though.
Wich speciality you want to apply to? WHere r u from?
i want to apply to internal medicine or family medicine programs. I will try to get us experience after taking ck. Now i just want to focus on ck for the next 4 weeks. Do you think that applying in mid november will be too late?
Well from people that I know experience It kinda be a bit late, but... you can still apply without having taken Step 2. So It's a good thing for you to focus on the test, you think you can pass it? Apply now. But that's my opinion. You think you're ready to pass it?
Applying in nov will be very late. Its better to apply in october if you want to make it for this match. Concentrate with your ck try to get a score > 85 onwards as it will show an improvement. Dont settle for less than that. Have you taken NBME's yet to assess your improvement? Best of luck.
Have you tried USMLE World? To me that s the best to asses how you're gonna do on your test.
Do the UW world..no point doing CK without that. And yes, i think NOV is bit late for applying. But you never know..
My sincere advice is - dont even think of applying this year. Try to get a score above 95 on step 2 and you will be ECFMG certified, then take step 3 and try to get above 80. Get some USCE in IM, FM and peds and then apply for 2010. This way u would surely get a residency but if you hurry and get a score in 70s or even in 80s, you will obviously not get this year but you will also ruin yourself for the next year. Scores are very important. you may think you would do something extraordinary to make up for your score but eveyone who have brilliant scores also have those things. So beware. I was in your situation so I am advising you. Rest is on you. Gl
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »