Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
about passport - drjerry77
guys I am an img.While departing fm the us,I submitted my I 94 but my passport was not stamped,as there was no immigration on my way back.I have been to the us once & my passport ws stamped once at my own country(departed),then in the us (arrived) & then in my own country on my way back(arrived).
Some one with inly 1 trip let me know if thats ok or I shd have been stamped at the us while departing aswell.
I do believe that their are certain other important isuues to discuss but I thought this is the best place to ask.
Thanks in advance.
only when you enter the US, then there will be immigration control and you wil get a stamp stating that you were admitted to the US and your green (for visa waiver tourist) or your white (for visa tourist) I 94 form.

when you fly back home, you must give your I94 form to your flight agency when you check in for your flight in the departing terminal of the airport, there wont be a US immigration officer who will stamp you into passport that you left the USA.

The USA only care about the tourists who arrive, not about the persons who leave the US.

So you will only have an admit stamp in your passport.

I would recommend every IMG when they leave the US to save all their flight tickets and boarding passes and bring them with their next flight to the US in order to show it to the US immigration when there would be any problems.

hope this helps.
u r okay my fren.....THEY DON'T STAMP UR PASSPORT AT DEPARTURE ...UR OWN COUNTRY STAMPS ....
thanks al lot both of you.

Hey nuclear you really are methodical.Wish you all the best in the future.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »