Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Decision:Accept Pre-Match with Jamaica Hospital IM - bequi2008
I have a decision to make, either to accept the pre-match offered to me from Jamaica hospital for IM or go on to the match. I have a total of 15 IVs so far. The thing is that I want to get some sort of fellowships later and going doesn't help my chances of getting it. Can anyone advice me or anyone has any thoughts? Thanks.
accept and get rid of headaches of the match?
take it and worry about fellowships later
do you know how the program is?
no, but you want to get into the system first.
hi, i agree with others...if you do decide to accept the premtach offer, will you be cancelling your other ivs? after you cancel, can you list the names of the programs?
If you feel good about that hospital, then accepting the pre-match is not a bad idea. BUT if you feel that you deserve a better place for your residency and you feel confident with your interview process at other institutions, then I recommend you go through the match.

But the decision is yours.
Hi bequi,
The program is not the best of the world but the hospital is not that bad. Of course it depends on many factors but I have some friends over there and they are really happy with their decision. they all accepted prematches from them.
hi bequi

did u accept aprematch there??
I am in the same situation
forget about fellowhip, if you do residency at Jamaica hospital, IM program.

If you think that you have excellent credentials and think that you deserve better place and confident about yourself, do not accept prematch. If you are happy without fellowship, go for accept prematch.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »