Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wyckoff Heights - drdoc500
Alright guys, I just had my interview at Wyckoff. The place is about 95 exactly what people have been writing here. It is a passport hub. They bring in the higher scorers (preferably those who have completed Step 3) who can in turn pass the board exam. That is why 100% pass rate on the AIBM.

The interview was not too bad, they ask all medical questions, not too hard though, i guess they want to see how you would work up a patient. So the real people who shine here are those who have practiced in their own countries. They evaluate you right then and there. They don't participate in match

No fellowships, they used to have them, but a deal with a neighboring hospital fell through so no chance there.

As for the contacts issue, totally true. All the people i interviewed with were waving to attendings and so forth. I can't criticize, someone brought me in.#

No contact with residents, no tour of the hospital. The PD is upfront at how bad the program is. He cant guarantee that the program will be same in three years.

Like someone stated before, this is strictly a last place, if you can get it. Definitely not a place i would recommend
Hi drdoc500,I have an interview at Wyckoff heights next week. Can u please tell me what type of medical qs did they ask u? Did they ask u typical interview qs?
Thanks in advance.
the question were mainly clinical...for example, 65 year old with back pain, differential diagnosis, possible workup. And then he would switch it and say a 25 yr old male with back pain, dd, and workup.

They are mainly clinical cases like back pain, chest pain, dyspnea, stroke, etc. He asked me 35 yr old male with a stroke, HTN, gets severe abdominal pain "what do you think"

The interviewer doesnt tell you if you got the answer right or wrong, so thats a little frustrating

My second interviewer asked me to present a clinical case and then a few questions about it. He then asked clinical scenarios, and finally asked a few typical questions like why IM and so forth

The questions aren't overly hard. The PD is a rheumatologist so keep that in mind...and there is an infectious doc who interviews, his last name starts with a v, i think

At the end of the IV he said he wasn't looking for the right answers, just how we think...Personally i thought that was bs because who cares about a doc's thought process if he/she cant come up with a correct diagnosis/workup at the end
Per residents from this program, this hospital is a law breaking hospital.
They don't like local residents as they can't work as a cow.
Only the panic, low score, foreign grad who never make report, who can work without eating, who can work like a cow accept pre-matched with this program.
If your scores are above 90s in both steps and take pre-match from this program, you are an idiot. For men, after three years, you will forget the human habit and for girls, the work load will make you shout like a momy dog.

If you have no choices, go for it.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »