Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My experience and results - ciuriburi1

Hello,

I want to share a few things here since the forum was very useful to me for my exam.
Especially I want to say that my score on NBME 4 days before thee exam was 350 which seems to predict a fail on the exam. However I just got the score and I got a 208/86. That means they actually did not correlate at all for me and I think people should not be discouraged if this happens.
I think the CCS make a big difference for the score.
Having said that, good luck to all.
thanks a lot for sharing. congrats for this good score.
pls share with us what q banks did u do,what other notes,for mcq and ccs both.
and if possible ur exam ccs cases???

thanks again.
Congrats....wat did u use for ccs
congrats dr

can u tell us whether ques were similar to uw or kaplan?

for u usmle is over.............enjoy dr!
Well, the q were similar to UW. I did not even touch the qbook. I did only UW couple of times to get the concepts behind them. I found useful the videos for step 3, not all but some. I found pediatrics useless but cardiac and pneumo or surgery were great.
For CCS I used UW and I found very useful the document posted in this forum by someone else (there were some tricks I actually forgot the name but you guys probably know which one I am talking about).
The cases were pretty easy all from UW except one that to my surprise it was to simple. It was a visit in the office for employement exam. After I did many lab tests and PE she was perfecty. So there was nothing to do there. Anyway, I got also a DM patient who came in but not in DKA but only with high glucose (400-500) and very ill.
I hope this helps. I think most of all helped that I went there having in mind that I have to pass and get a good score.
thanks
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »