Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4IVs. but bad score! (76,76 with 2 attempts) - ilovefm
Hi folks, need your advice.
I'll have 4IVs in FM in January but my credit is really bad.
step1 76 (1st attmpt), step2 76 (2nd attempt), CS passed at 1st, step3 not yet.
1998 grad, GC holder.
strong 3LORs from american FM.
lots of publications, MD PhD. living in the U.S.

My questioin is " How can I expalin my bad score?".
I'm thinking like that "I didn't have enough time to prepare USMLE because I have fulltime work even on weekends I should work and no vacation as well as long holidays. In addition, I didn't made a good strategy for the preparation of USMLE because there was no person around me to share the information about USMLE at that time. For those reasons, it was hasty of me to take USMLE. Now I'm preparing step3 and I already have some friends and mentors to share the information of step3. So I'm confident I can prepare well for step3 now."

Please give me a good example.
Good luck to everyone!
Hey,
Did u do phd in US?
Good luck
I heard PhD is an extremely good credit. It is valued a lot by many programs.
One of my frnd also an old graduate with PhD made it in IM.
I think your explanation is good enough and managing PhD and steps by itself talks about your academic motivation anyway!!!

Good luck
wow ilovefm!
congrats. that is really commendable. did yu hav contacts at the programs? did yu ffup yr app?
Impressive! 4 IVs!
I can only tell you that if they have called you for interview, they know your scores and they did see other strengths in your application, so be confident.
You can use your words of explaining the low scores if it is brought up, but I would never volunteer bring that up
Good luck.
I really appreciate supprotive comments. I obtained PhD in my home country.
I won't mention about the score for myself and keep being confident.

I made a contact with those programs before applying and I made a little connection with them although that connection was not strong.

Thanks again.
when did u apply to programs? September or early October or late October?
I applied on Sep 2nd and I recieved 3IV offers in October and 1 IV recently and scheduled all in January.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »