Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2003 graduate Indian female doctor - renuroyy@gmail.com
Hi everyone,

I graduated in 2003 . It is 5 years back. I took Step-1 test in 2005 ( first time) & I failed the Step-1 test only for 2 points.

Do I have a chance to get Residency anywhere in USA if I pass all steps by 2010 ?
Thanks in advance

-Renu
Illinois, USA
Renu,

Honestly, focus ur energies in passing. Dont worry what the future will hold for now. If u believe, somehow u will be able to get into some residency. But without the exams there will be no residency.

Nobody in reality knows that answer, there has been so many exceptions, the people u dont think ....will get a spot, and the people u thoought that would.... wont get a spot.
Life has a weird way of working.

About ur exam. What is done is done, U cannot undo the past. Ur score is there.
But what you can do, focus ur energies on what u decide to do today.
If its study for step 1, then study for step 1. If its CS, then Cs, etc.

Once u have passed ur exams, then u say ok. What is my reality? I am an old graduate. What am I going to do about it, if I have no connections in Hospitals.
Get involved in some programs that offer clinical experience in the US. (Actually u can even start by doing that now, if u can manage ur exams and rotations)....

I guess my point is, If u still want to pursue ur career as a medical doctor then continue on this path. Focus ur energies on ur present. And do the best u can to prepare this time for ur exams. Have your goals, and a plan. But unfortunately we cannot move forward without THE REALITY OF PASSING THESE EXAMS, therefore focus on today.

With hard work, determination, & God by ur side things will fall where they are suppose to. Atleast that is what I want to believe.

Noone knows the answer to ur question, bcuz the answer will vary. And some answers will actually even be negative, therefore sometimes those questions actually bring us down.
Focus on the positives, work towards ur steps.

My answer to u in regards to that question is: YES. OF COURSE if this is what you truly want,

Take Care, and I wish u the best of Luck,
Step by step, U will get there.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »