Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
List of Hospitals that didn't respond at all.. - cococure
Hi everybody! I haven't been here for a while. Since I was so lucky to prematch in late Oct- I've just been enjoying life. Next week i will go to Thailand for vacation--all is just great. I'm trying to enjoy my life before the hard Intern/ Residency years begin..lol

Anyway, I promised I was gonna come back by the end of the season to tell you guys how many Hospitals that downloaded my appl. in Sept. did not respond in any way. I applied to 95 Hospitals all together but those listed did not bother to respond. Maybe this can be helpful for the match 2010. (I wished i would have had a list like this when I applied in Sept- people said that half of the programs don't reply- well, in my case it was a little bit more than half.

Here they go---------------and to all of you who prematched like me- isnt´t it a great feeling?

to those who will go through the match-good luck, may you match with the program of your choice!

And to those that did not get any IV's or will not match- don't lose hope- sometimes things we want fast don't come fast----God has his own timing- we have no choice but to deal with it! Keep up the faith!

Peace & Blessings
Cococure

Here the programs (first FM then IM): Out of 95 Programs 54 did not even bother to respond (so far)..

Georgetown University/Providence Hospital Family Practice Residency Program, Washington, DC
Family Medicine

Howard University Program, Washington, DC
Family Medicine

Jackson Memorial Hospital Family Medicine Residency Program, Miami, FL
Family Medicine

Franklin Square Hospital Center Program, Baltimore, MD
Family Medicine

Mountainside Hospital (Merit Health System) Residency Program, Verona, NJ
Family Medicine

Albert Einstein College of Medicine at Beth Israel Medical Center Program, New York, NY
Family Medicine

Lutheran Medical Center Program, Brooklyn, NY
Family Medicine

New York Medical College at St. Joseph's Program, Yonkers, NY
Family Medicine

North Shore University Hospital at Glen Cove Program, Glen Cove, NY
Family Medicine

SUNY Health Science Center at Brooklyn Program, Brooklyn, NY
Family Medicine

SUNY at Stony Brook Program, Stony Brook, NY
Family Medicine

Southside Hospital, Bay Shore, NY
Family Medicine

St Elizabeth Program, Utica, NY
Family Medicine

Wyckoff Heights Medical Center Program, Brooklyn, NY
Family Medicine

Altoona Hospital Program, Altoona, PA
Family Medicine

Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
Family Medicine

Wyoming Valley Family Pract Program, Kingston, PA
Family Medicine
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

St Vincent's Medical Center Program, Bridgeport, CT
Internal Medicine

Howard University Program, Washington, DC
Internal Medicine

Christiana Care Health Services Program, Newark, DE
Internal Medicine

Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida Program, Miami Beach, FL
Internal Medicine

University of Miami-Jackson Memorial Medical Center Program, Miami, FL
Internal Medicine

Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, Chicago, IL
Internal Medicine

Mercy Hospital and Medical Center Program, Chicago, IL
Internal Medicine

St Joseph Hospital Program, Chicago, IL
Internal Medicine

Weiss Memorial Hospital Program, Chicago, IL
Internal Medicine

Baystate Medical Center/Tufts University School of Medicine, Springfield, MA
Internal Medicine

Mount Auburn Hospital Program, Cambridge, MA
Internal Medicine

Franklin Square Hospital Center, Baltimore, MD
Internal Medicine

Hurley Medical Center/Michigan State University Program, Flint, MI
Internal Medicine

Kalamazoo Center for Medical Studies/Michigan State University Program, Kalamazoo, MI
Internal Medicine

McLaren Regional Medical Center/Michigan State University Program, Flint, MI
Internal Medicine

Oakwood Hospital IM Program, Dearborn, MI
Internal Medicine

St John Hospital and Medical Center Program, Detroit, MI
Internal Medicine

Harlem Hospital Center Program, New York, NY
Internal Medicine

Lutheran Medical Center Program, Brooklyn, NY
Internal Medicine

NY Downtown Hospital Program - Weill Cornell, New York, NY
Internal Medicine

New York Medical College (Bronx Program), Bronx, NY
Internal Medicine

New York Medical College/Metropolitan Hospital Center Program, New York, NY
Internal Medicine

North Shore University Hospital/NYU School of Medicine Program, Manhasset, NY
Internal Medicine

St Barnabas Hospital Program, Bronx, NY
Internal Medicine

St John's Episcopal Hospital-South Shore Program, Far Rockaway, NY
Internal Medicine

St Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center Program, New York, NY
Internal Medicine

Woodhull Medical and Mental Health Center Program, Brooklyn, NY
Internal Medicine

Wyckoff Heights Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY
Internal Medicine

St Vincent Mercy Medical Center Internal Medicine Residency, Toledo, OH
Internal Medicine

Drexel University College of Medicine (formerly MCP Hahnemann University) Program, Philadelphia, PA
Internal Medicine

Lankenau Hospital Program, Wynnewood, PA
Internal Medicine

Mercy Catholic Medical Center Program, Darby, PA
Internal Medicine

Penn State University/Milton S Hershey Medical Center Program, Hershey, PA
Internal Medicine

Scranton-Temple Residency Program, Scranton, PA
Internal Medicine

University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Medical Education (Mercy Program), Pittsburgh, PA
Internal Medicine

Brown University Program, Providence, RI
Internal Medicine

Brown University/Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island Program, Pawtucket, RI
This is a very good list.

But could you explain what your credentials are, so that we compare with the criteria of these programs?

Secondly, did you ever try to call any of these programs to ask for application status? I get interviews from certain programs by calling them. This helps me understand the definition of "not responding".

But I know certain programs that do not answer calls or emails.

Good luck!

Thank you!

Dear benandjerry: You're welcome. No, I did not call or email any Programs.
My Creds. (failed step 1 one time) 86/92/cs pass/83, non white European with no US Visa, 1 month USCE, 2 US LORs, (took all the steps in 1 year), Grad. Nov 2005, no research, worked in Home country (Germany) for 2 years-.......

Okay--- again, good luck to you all! I am out of this forum...for good now..lol.. ( i just had to keep my promise and paste the programs which didn´t respond to my application in any kind of way... (all in all, up to this day, I had 7 iv's and 34 rejections)!! As you can see, my creds are not all that- and I know this season was a real competitive one. But never lose hope! Everything is possible!

i will paste my story again..here:

cococure - 11/12/08 19:12

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOODBYE USMLEFORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck everyone (IMGs both with & without GC or Visa)!!!!

Its crazy...I remember how I started reading the posts of this forum. I started with Step 1- thinking to myself gheeeezzz I still have soo much ahead of me..

Then came to Step 2ck...saying, wooooow I am almost halfway there...

Stopped by CS- reading the cases and then after a long time waiting, started counting the minutes with others , til the CS results finally came in......

Then being happy about getting my ECFMG certificate in time for the Residency application-----thinking to myself: woooow...I came a looooong way--- next step would be the August date for the Documents and the September 2nd for the actual application on ERAS. Then the following days of being upset because my transcript was not uploaded on time..... hoping & praying for IV invitations to come in---having 0 IVs and a friend with better scores than me who got a new IV invite everyday was really scary......

In the meantime getting my application ready for Step 3 and starting to study for it.....not really being able to concentrate because being disappointed by the first 2 weeks of silence in my ERAS mailbox--

Then finally 4 IVs came in....happy & excited to come to the US, take my Step 3 exam & attend my first 2 IVs.....

Step 3 exam was horrible- having fever, chills, laryngitis and bronchitis and sitting in this cold exam room, having this damn AC blowing cold air on my head constantly---me shivering-not being able to wear a jacket or a scarf----trying to concentrate answering these weird , long & stupid exam questions 2 days in a row....it was a nightmare- I did not have any idea on how I did- it was all weird..the only thing I was certain of, were the CCS cases which were easy for me. I studied only UW, where I had 58%, and which seemed much easier than the actual exam. So here I was -hoping that at least I passed , because the thought of having these tortuous 2 days again made me sick....

Anyway, knowing that these horrible exam days did not contribute on me feeling any better- and knowing that I will attend my IVs a few days after- I started taking the antibiotics I had brought prophylactically from Germany to prevent anything worse.. I felt better immediately- my voice came back and there was no more yellow sputum...Thank God for antibiotics..lol

Oh well-went to my 1st IV, it was okay, but I didn't like the city. Went to my 2nd IV and totally fell in love with everything there- the vibes were just great. But at the other hand was scared, because I was the only IMG without any Visa there- everyone else (14 docs) were either AMGs or American IMGs who went to med school in the the Caribbean..

Nevertheless I hoped & prayed for a prematch with H1B Visa there. Since I was there on their very 1st IV day (Oct 24th)- everybody told me not to expect a prematch offer so early in the IV season. On the 2nd Business day, actually while I was on my flight back to Europe, I received a call (on my mailbox) & email with the prematch offer I was praying to get !!!!! It was like a dream come true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Jesus!!

I accepted right away and was told that they would sponsor me an H1B Visa (even though I was told by others that this Hospital doesn't like giving out H1Bs)---- So the next thing on my head was: Oh my goodness---I signed the "Letter of Intent" and I am only this much away from getting my desired H1B Visa...........But then I remembered the horrible Step 3 exam day.. and got scared! My PD told me that he doesn't care what score I have, all he needs is a PASS so we can proceed the Visa process. Otherwise I would have to deal with a J1 visa....

So the days til the results came closer- I did not really know what to do with my time, so I started debating and leaving my comments to that controversial "GC/Citizen IMGs with no residency"- subject..... trying to kill time...

Then, finally, today- 6 am CET (central european time)- I got my Step 3 result!!!!! 201/83 !! I was a little disappointed about the score knowing that I need a good Step 3 score for the GI Fellowship I wanna do after residency. But then again, knowing that I took the exam with Fever, Laryngitis, Bronchitis and Chills , I should not complain and be happy that I passed. The clinical cases were actually the ones that saved me, I mostly had a borderline performance in the multiple choice questions.

Oh well, concerning the GI Fellowship- I will worry about that later! At least my Hospital offers a GI Fellowship- so if I shine during my Residency , I know I still have chances. And also my PD cheered me up today by saying my Step 3 scores are "respectable"....

Oh well, looking at this forum now....I passed all these different stages ( started with Step 1 and ended it with Step 3)... I guess its time for me to go and enjoy my free time here in Europe & travel a lil bit until I start residency in June/July 2009.

Thank you guys for answering my questions, congratulating, giving me tips & helping out...

I wish all of you guys luck in the coming days, weeks & months! My dream has come true & I'm sure if you just believe, have faith and never give up, your dreams can come true too!!!

And to those who insulted me & got all personal just because I have a different opinion than they have (you know who you are..lol)--- Good luck to you too....I'm sure God has a plan for you guys too....

NEVER EVER GIVE UP , FOLLOW YOUR DREAM & BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!

Before I leave, I would like to share 3 Quotes that meant a lot to me during this whole USMLE & ERAS process:

œSuccess means having the courage, the determination and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be “ Dr. George Shehaan, 1918-1993, Cardiologist

œSuccess is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful. - Albert Schweitzer

" Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." - Thoreau

Take care everybody

Peace & Blessings

Cococure

You are the best that is why
but My Hat On Dear Cococure
you did your al steps i one year that is Great! and Very Intelligent
Good Luck for your future everyone Knows You will be as bright as you are now

where did u pre match?
please tell where is this hospital so that we can also apply? is it board certified or on probationary status?
Mystere and Boulles de gommes!!!!

Hi, Cococure hope you are doing good.
bump
pump
this list was for Match 09!
not applicable right now
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »