Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congrats Mansu. God bless - guest78
congrats dude!!! i think you are a very intelligent individual. I used to read your posts here and in step 1 forum. I think you prepared for CK for a very short time (2 months?) and still got 99! very impressive. Please give us less intelligent students tips :-)
congratulations ultradocmansu... wishing u a hatrick in step 3.
i have a question...did you feel the need to use any extra prep material except kaplan notes and uworld and first aid for step 2 ck? thanks.
Big Congrats Brother mansu for great score.....
Good Luck for residency...
dude u rock... u told me it was a tough exam ??!!?? all the best for cs n step 3
junaid , mtv , k.dr
thanks guys , i have shared my experience in other post , hope it helps uSmile

thank u all .

nucleus2007 , thanks bro

unstableangina - bro it was a hard exam. seriously Smile . thanks for wishes. did u take ur cs in dec?
posting it here too

hi guys , got my score yesterday 99/244. as promised i will now share my experience.
first i'd like to thank guest , for her never ending support for me during the preparation and especially after the exam. I cant and dont want to explain the difficulties i had during this step. My step1 score was 99/254. Many might think i should ve gone for 260/270 , but that is not the thing. considering the problems, i would ve settled for anythng for 90+, but god gifted me with another 99 in some of the hardest times of my life.

Another special thanks to Manik (my study partner), who also got a massive 99 yesterday and will hopefully share her experience soon. congrats manik, thanks for being always there.Smile and thanks to nasciantosa (my step1 study partner) for pulling me with herself with superspeedSmile

--My prep--
Time - 4 months
Material - Kaplan (read once) + uworld
- about above material i'd like to mention something.kaplan is grossly insufficient in step2ck prep, but nothing is still better than this so bear with it.usmleworld is by far the most helpful tool, even better than step1 here. there questions resemble the original exam questions to the core. i was suprised when many questions seemed copy paste of uworld in my exam. i had about 200 pages of notes of uworld , but could only revise about 70 pages in last 2 days. i'd recommend , atleast one complete revision is necessary close to exam

NBME- Form3 (20 days before exam)- 490 (this nbme resembles exam the most , but it gives a score lower than should be. it shattered me completely)
- Form4 (10 days before exam)- 650 (now this one , i did in untimed mode coz i dint wanna demoralize myself more that close to exam with already an unstable mind. i decided to give my mind a chance to think and recover its stability)

Review books - dint do any. but u can use crush/secrets near the end for cardio / infectious / ear/ ophthalmology/dermatology - the stuff which is high yield and also volatile

--Exam day--
Not of course a very good day. reached exam centre late, and so was pointed out by prometric people. anyway i finished each block before time.. in almost 50 mins.. revised marked questions in about 5 mins , then took a break of 7-8 mins after each block.. after 4 such blocks , i started ten min breaks.. dint try redbull for my bad experience with it in step1 exam . in fact i kept havng a bite or 2 of sandwich in each break with water. and had sips of tea in breaks of 4 blocks..
questions were long , no doubt about that, and dreadful (needless to say). perhaps the hardest treatment i ve been given by any exam. not even a single block allowed me to gather myself. i was feeling horrible after exam , and only worried that im gonna nullify the effect of previous 99 by a low 80 this time.. result took long 5 weeks and there it is.
Im of course happier than even my step1 score in which i was focussed and determined. this one never came in my hands. it was always out of reach. i couldnt answer many forum questions , couldnt study much , and lost alot on my focus due to problems. so guys , u can do it!! jus hang in there , the turf is urs! i have thanked god a million times since yesterday and will continue thankng him for being such miraculously nice to me Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »