Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CK score 99. something want to share. - chlty
I just get my CK result back 99(>250). Since I got a lot of help here. I shall return my favor.
Prepare: UW and Kaplan. I bought secret and FA. But didn't use that much.
1: I used the old 06-07 edition. I heard there are some changes in 08-09 edition. But I already wrote down a lot of notes in the old book. So I stick with it. It seems you don't have to change in the middle (by the way, a lot of people have the similar experience). But if you just start, you may get a new one.

2: UW is very good. Kaplan have some werid Qs, but still good just forget those very strange Qs.

3: NBME is a very good test.
my NBME score 1: 600(8w) feel high.
3: 570 (1month) So sacred
4: 700 (3 week) feel good again
I can't do NNME at the last week, it will only make me nervous.

4: The last week from test. I didn't do new tests, just review the old ones and my notes.
Last day before test, I was so nervous, I can't read even one word. But somehow I had a good sleep.

5: Exam day. A big drama, I forget one of my document. AS a matter of fact I even didn't know I need bring that document. The proctor told me tried to find it in 30min. I was lucky to find some very nice people in the same buliding who let me use his office computer and print it out. So if something happened, first thing calm down. But of course hopefully nothing happen.

6: Exam. evrey one know it is very long exam. So be prepared. I used to study at night and alwasy sleepy at daytime. So I tried to change it. I studies early morning without lunch until 3-4:00pm in all weekends (need work at weekday) and it seemed help.
After exam, feet bad. But try to forget it and pray if you want.

If you have any Qs, feel free to ask.
hi,thanks for sharing and congradulation,i have some questions,for how long you study?and you think kaplan internal book is enough?thankssssss
CONGRATS !@!
Great score....

I would appreciate if you can advice me:
I have done and completed uw long time ago say 3 months, almost forgot many things from it. could not take exam for the personal reasons that time.
Now, how should i proceed should I try other q bank or should I do uw again .
Thanks,

Ansewer: I am a full-time worker. Did it in 7 month.
Step1 99 but it is more than 1 year ago.

If I were you, I will do a UW for another 1 month. try to keep memory fresh.

Oh forget to mention: I did have a few pure step 1 Qs in my CK exam. However, they are very few. And they are either so easy or so difficult. Personally I don't recommend to do a quick review of step 1 again, since you either already know the answer or a quick review won't help at all.

what is your step1 3dig score?
Forget to answer one
Yes I do think Kaplan is enough for books. I barely use FA and secret although I had them.

my step 1 digit is 250. but it is qiuite a while ago, I forgot a lot.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »