Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
psy Q - hopeofglory87
You relocate and open a new practice some 100 miles away from your previous practice. Before making this move, all of your patients in your old practice are referred to new physicians and, with their consent, their medical records are transferred. Approximately 1 year later you receive a call from a patient from your old practice. The patient says that he is sad and wants someone to talk to. He reports difficulty sleeping, crying without provocation, and lack of interest in usual activities. At the end of this description, the patient says, œI™m really glad I got to talk to you, and asks for a prescription of antidepressant medication. At this point, which of the following is the best response?

A. œI™m glad that you feel comfortable enough to call me, but you will have to go to your new physician for a prescription.
B. œI™m going to give you the name of a psychiatrist in your area that I want you to call.
C. œI™m not your doctor any more and you should not call and ask me to do this.
D. œSure, I™ll be glad to help. What is the phone number of your pharmacy?
E. œWhen was the last time you had a vacation?
a
A. œI™m glad that you feel comfortable enough to call me, but you will have to go to your new physician for a prescription.
ccc
why should i feel glad that he is comfortable to call me after a year and not be my patient and ask for a refill??? on what basis? just common courtesy, it means i should do this for all the patients who left....
lolzzzz
Although the words spoken here are true, the tone is harsh and scolding (choice C). In addition, although this response tells the patient what not to do, it does not give the patient any direction in getting his needs met.
that's good to know...Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »