Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NRMP quota question . . . confused - matchsurvivor
I had an interview at a particular midwest program and they told us that ALL the spots go into the match. . . as they don't give out prematches.

BUT I looked at the NRMP quota list and compared it to the FREIDA list and there is a difference betwen the totals.

Can anyone clarify?
They lied! Sad but true.
I agree with doc_harry18. They must have lied.
or may be they havenot updated their last yr spots..so wait till 31st january .....
I beileive they reserve spots for DO match in febuary. Therefore they chose a few from that match and the rest in March. Otherwise, yes they may lie
It depends on the specialty too..if it is psych maybe the program expected someone to go for child fellow and they did not..so the number of seats this year has come down..it is very much possible.
I had a similar experience with one of the programs........ the PC told me that they did not give many pre matches this year and the are going for match, surprisingly even the resident who interviewed me said the same thing, I check their status today and they've very very few positions going for match...... I felt so bad, why do they lie so blatantly, so insensitive.....
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »