Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guys I need sincere advice? - cloudy
I graduated 7 years ago and step one and two scores are 78 and 80 first attempt and Cs 2nd attempt. I am citizen, have three Us lors with total experience of 6 months externship. Three month family medicine (out pt pvt clinic), three month obgyn (out patient pvt clinic)and one month internal med(university program) ongoing research exp ( though no name in publication). I applied to im and fm 110 programs and no call. I did not have any us lors at that time and added one in NOV so was already late.

I don't know if I stand a chance for scramble or not . I have been disheartend by my scores and no interview calls but I can't change it. What should i do next?

Please advice
1. pass step3 with good score before sept1st.
2. have all ur US LORS ready by sept1
3. keep ur cv running until spet 1st, focus on one specialty- all FM/IM/Peds letters. Gyne letter wud help u for FM
4. with citizenship, and US letters u definitely stand a good chance in next match.

5. Goodluck for scramble..try ur luck..u never know.
I totally agree with rasmalai..apart from that there are other things to look into

1.redo or better your personal statement

2.Make the CAF more impressive and captivating

It is important to look back at what went wrong that u did not have even 1 interview..do not totally blame it on the US LOR. There are loads of people who do not have US LOR or citizenship with low scores who make it..I think u have to sensibly identify the flaws and do the needful.
Thanks Rasmalai and resilientdoc, I really appreciate your kind advice. At this time of uncertainity I really needed a boost.

I don't know what went wrong , my personal statement is fine though I have to put all my clinical experience in CAf "?( I can't do it now for scramble as I can't update the CAF)

I also wanted to ask if any Inpatient experience in residency hospital can help me get into residency.
FYI -- Key is to make a difference in the interview. This means the softer non academic side of life. I would strongly recommending developing email / telephone relations with few programs (PC, PD, Faculty) that you are interested in and that take residents with scores comparable to your scores.

Best way to do is to take up observership, voluteer position if no paid / research opportunity is available.

Of course you can make it.! I agree with everyone... but also you have a chance for scramble. Be smart try connections.

GL
Thanks Lubdubgone and lavoix. Thanks for your kind words and the time you took to write few words of advice for me. I really appreciate it.

Trying hard on Cv let' see If I could get interviews in scramble or next year by gaining more experience and have no connections at all.

The Dr.s where I did my externship say they don't know any program director or so.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »