Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
second look exp in salem - mroops
morning repport started at 8 AM. Resident presented an interesting case and there was open discussion. Then chief resident presented a case.

Then went a round with a residents , it was very cool. Bought launch.
Attended a noon conference, very informative from Harvard attending.
Program very nice. But for IMG, bad thing is last year in 5 catagorical
seats, 4 were AMG,s. So competitive for IMG like us.

Good luck , guys for Match
Hey mroops

Could you elaborate a little on second look. I have been meaning to mail Laura about that but my bad, I thought February would be the right time.

On your second look, was it all second timers, are they done with the iv? If I am too late, I might as well just skip it since to me it implies travelling and spending 500$
yp , it is all for second timers... But I think they already hve made their mind whom to rank as we will not hve an oportunity to meet PD and even laura was on leave. I just met chief resident and residents. Not so much productive but I dont know how they are taking.

But you must be invited for second look. I believe and they dont offer every one but I may be wrong.. But as I mentoned they are now taking more AMGs so I dont know how will be senerio this year.

G luck
Thanks mroops,

I never heard back from them, so I guess that is not a good signal :-(

Just to confirm, you mean they mailed you inviting for a second look, without you asking for it ? I am a little curious, since I was very hopeful but :-(
Yp,
actually the resident invite me who took us to the tour.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »