Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 week Psychiatry requirement of NJ---medical Boar - parasnath
I was aware of this in ILLIONIS and Indiana
But this is also true for NEW JERSEY.....

i just wanted to inform the people who r taking Prematches in NJ

Becos this can cost you your future
can you point to the link for this requirement? how do you know? the only time I had to face this was when I got an interview invite from jersey shore and I couldn't interview with them because I have two weeks of rotation -- but on the other hand I know MANY people who are doing residencies or have completed residencies from NJ and none of them ever had a problem
Ok, found reference to it in the actual application used for NJ license which goes like:

Section Two - Education (continued)
Clinical Clerkships
During your medical school training, did you complete clinical clerkships of at least four (4)
weeks duration in the following core rotations or specialties?
Medicine Yes No OB/GYN Yes No
Pediatrics Yes No Psychiatry Yes No
Surgery Yes No

However, in the instructions they DO NOT say that if say NO to Psyciatry you'll be rejected. So it's not clear if this is a "STRICT" requirement or is viewed in conjunction with other training.
Ok, I just spoke with 2 representatives over the phone at NJ board of medical examiners. One of them was an actual examiner (Dr Arnold Ein-Falt) and this is what they said:

1- You should NOT believe everything someone says on the net
2- There is NO way we will reject your licensing application AFTER you have completed 3 years of residency from an L.C.M.E./A.O.A. accredited/approved hospital.
3- Dr Arnold Ein-falt specifically said not to worry if you have only done 2 weeks of psychiatry rotation in your native country -- he said once you have done residency in a NJ hospital your PD will sign-off the completion of your residency and your will be considered credited for this requirements. He repeated three times, focus on your residency and don't worry about 4 week psychiatry requirement.

So please stop spreading false information on the net. If you don't know anything to the whole details then don't assume the other half and post here.

I think Jersey Shore hospital NJ administration is a little too restrict about this requirement on their own merit and NOT because board asks for it.
oh btw, anyone who wants to check for himself/herself can call 609-826-7100 and ask for yourself.
thanksss
thanks a lotttt for this infoo...
Thanks a lot azm..Thank u soooooo much!God bless you!
thanks azm882..........
i didnt call them....
i m right now facing the problem----so i just wanted people to inform so that they can clarify before signing Prematch,
and cancelling IVs----which is what i did.
Thanks for calling them and asking .

I am not spreading the rumor----i have not said that they will cancel your license---i said be cautious
to azm882, what you clarified is the situation for MD license. but what concerns me and many others is the residency training permit, which is different from MD License and needed before you start your residency.

to parasnath, what is your source for the 4-week psychiatry clerkship requirement for indiana? thanks,
IS THIS TRUE ??????.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »