Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
kaplan medessentials - depression66
hi everybody
i am reading kaplan lecture notes of biochemestry..i founded its very difficult...i did found kaplan medessentials it seems much simplified!!
do you think it will be enough just depending on one source??it is time saving
i did spent 4 days for the first 3 chapters of lecture notes,while i find it of one day reading in medessentials...

any comment?

thanks
the key thing is not only know the biochemistry pathways, but associate the biochemistry withpathology, associate biochemistry with pharmacology, associate biochemistry with genetics.
Are u able to do that?
then you are ready for the test
You can know back and forth the pathways
if u are not able to associate and apply the biochemistry concepts to other areas of basic science and clinical science.....then u are not ready
my q is for u elbamaritza,how do we apply biochemistry and associate it to other subjects.kindly explain how do we learn to do that.how can we correlate all subjects with each other.
You do your first reding a good pace, understanding the general concepts and truying to memorizing the high yields.
Then when you are doing the uw orkaplan questions of the subjects ( lets suppose we are talking about biocchem), u are going to find questions tht looks like from outer spaces, eventough u already read that concepts. Other questions u will be able to answers, but others u will have a slim clue.
Then read the explanation of the question, take notes about the points there ( u can do in your kaplan notes), and then read again the topic and understand why u get it wrong.
When doing the questions u will be able to associate the DRY concepts that u read in the books.
When doing the question u will be able to put a clinical assoiation for that DRY concept.
When doing the questions u will be able to KNOW MORE about what is written in kaplan.
When doing the question u will be able to ASSOCIATE the subjecst.

Some people said i did 2 milllion questions.....that is not the poiint!
Questions at this point of study is for study, analyze, disect the questions.

Later on in your preparation, u will do uw assesment, u will do nbme, u will do other stuff, with speed, simulating the real test.

Look
At the beginin is.....know your material ( reading)
Later is.........associate ur concepts and memorize highyield ( do question)
later is.........learn time managment skills ( only able to do that if u know how to read, analyze and understan the question)

sorry my spanglish/gibrish is so bad!!!
i will be able to talk to u on skype if u still does not know how to handle this monster....i learned,....and i got it under my shoe!
thanks a lot elba!u r so helpful all the time.ur english is too good.i wud like to talk to u on skype.definitely i want to know how to handle this monster.kindly let me know ur number ,even if u give me ur landline num ican call u on that.thanks a lot for ur sincere advice.how about ur residency.i wish u get it where ever u want it.
Thks Elba!! u made me clear in somethings too, cause i just started with kaplan pathology and in some point i feel that im losing somethings for the speed that i take!! just reading!!
elba, can u give me some advices in cs too?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »