Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My last days before the great day ! - matoka
Hello everybody,
Even if my time is very limited and my tension has risen a lot in the last week, I deceded to write one more time on this forum before the great day is coming, I mean the challenging day when I take my exam is coming, coming and there is nothing I can do to stop it or postpone it ! I have only ten days left, including today and the last day before my exam and I feel like blowing up, going nuts I'm losing my temper.
I have so much to read and review that I don't think it's possible to go through all my plan. No time left for new questions, no way, I have to review the USMLE sample test ( 150 questions ), the Kaplan step 1 simulated exam as well as the two forms of NBME, not to do them again. I also have to read all the FA book, my own notes and some Goljan's high yield fact : anatomy, biochemistry and microbiology left. I did not have time to finish all Goljan's lectures, which are wonderful, great but time consuming: to try to take notes from his lectures and then to study them. I will not have time to review the notes I took from Kaplan Qbank at all. At the moment ,I have to deal with what is realistic to do, in my last week and a half, not to hazard to do unrealistic things. I also have to see some images from the web path and that's about it !
If you were me, if you were in my shoes, what would you do in your time left ? How would you review " everything ", how would you schedule your last ten days ???
Pray for me to pass this criminal exam and I will pray for all of you. I will post my experience the day after I take my exam. Good luck to all of you on your exams.
matoka
Hi
If were you, first i would review kaplan notes real fast, just tables and pictures and side notes in those notes, then FA and then Goljan 100 pages, they are reallt helpfull, people says they get 2-3 Qs directly from there, and after that if u'll have time ramaining just spend it on what u feel is ur weakest point, + some renal and behavioral statistical formulas.
i have time remaining about 20 days, and going to finish reviewing my Kaplan notes within 23 days,then will take nbme at least 10-15 days prior to exam, and will do the same as told you,+ will try to review Kaplan Qbank.

Good luck.
Sonia
hey matoka,
u haev read it,u haev learnt it and believe me u know it all!!!!
i had panicked before the exam too...like one day b4 the exam i was wondering what the hell was a pheochromocytoma??!!
that happens and its natural.
1.stop thinking about exam.
2.read ur kaplan review stuff[this is how i did it 1 day beh sc,1 day each physion,anat,biochem,2 days patho,1 day phramac,1 micro.]that leaves u 1 day to spare in which just flip tru ur stuff.like u r looking at an old family album or something.
3.last day wake up at normal time do evrything noraml...y not,u dont have to think about exam.take a walk in the evening it helps u sleep well at night.

and on D day....u will do it!!!
have confidence...remember,U ALREADY KNWO UR STUFF!!!!
GOOD LUCK
Hi Matoka
Just wanted to say GOOD LUCK HAVE FAITH.
Dear Matoka :
I have no idea what i would do before my exam..But if i were in your shoes I will read pharma,all endo and mol bio and immuno in those days
Try to sleep properly and review your weak subjects....
My best wishes are always with you..
good luck for your exam..
hi matoka,

you will do great..just relax and have faith in yourself..
good luck..
Matoka Best of luck.

You will do great!!!
Hi everyone,
Thanks a lot to all of you who've written to me and encouraged me so far.
I did have a terrible day yesterday, only did 150 questions from behavioral sciences to overcome my tension and anxiety and tried to review all behavioral sciences which I haven't finished, hopefully I can do it to day. I think I suffer from a panic disorder and it's something new to me, no kidding !
I will try to take a picture from everything, to review as much as I can, especially FA and Goljan's 100 pages high yield facts. I don't have any Kaplan notes other then plenty of notes from Qbank, for which I have no time left to read them one more time, maybe only endocrinology, molecular biology, cell biology,neuroanatomy and that's it.
I'll be trying to be calm in the next days left, stay focused on my material and review, read as much as I can.
Good luck to everybody on your exams.
matoka
Matoka,

The Lord is your strenght.
I pray u ace the exam.
I pray the lord will grant you a calm and peaceful spirit.
I just started to study for the exam .and can imagine what you are going through.
Believe you know your stuffs which I'm sure you do and all shall be well
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »