Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please Help me i am confused. - dude
because i want programs that have GI fellowship i am ranking only 5 programs... please is this safe.
or should i include the other 3 programs that don't have the fellowships i want. pls matrix or anybody help me
Hey Man! Don't cry so hard, there are people with just one or two interviews.....let us know your credentials and the programs on your ROL...may be we can guess whether or not you have any chance to match this year...

GL
all the 5 programs are community programs
if you don´t have visa issues, I would rank them all.
Dude,
are u saying that if u don;t get those programs with GI fellowship u will rather wait for one more year and go thru this again??
I would rank all my programs to be safe.
As selective as I am trying to be, I will gladly join ANY program that I match at rather than go thru this again.
I heard of someone who refused to rank some programs, he did not match, and then he scrambled and got into NYU Downtown which was one of the highest on his list.
If he had ranked lesser programs, he could have ended up in one of them.He did not and he got into a better program .Apparently they did not rank him and he still got in scrambling.
I heard this story from someone, I do not know if it is true,...If it is the guy was damn lucky....I wouldnt take such a risk.
I attended 15 interviews and I am ranking ALL. Costs me nothing to.
If u rank only 5 and u end up not matching, u will always wonder if u shd have ranked all.
Most pple match into the first 4..but I wouldnt take a chance. This year has been particularly competetive. So many good guys out there,most of the PDs said so themselves.
hey matrix thanks for your advice you seem to be very knowledgeable about this whole match process.
how many of the programs you interviewed at gave yu a positive feedback.
are you going to use wether a program replies your thank you letter as a means of ranking them.
some of the programs i like didn't reply my thank you letter i hope they will still rank me!!!
Hi Dude,
I am really ranking the programs based on how much I like them irrespective of whether they give me positive feedback or not.They may rank u and still not mail u back so if u don't rank them high, U might never know.
I suggest u just rank the way u like them [this is also the advice given by NRMP site].
I honestly believe that if a program director goes out of his busy schedule to reply ur mail, he must have ranked u.Especially if the program director mentioned the names of the pple that interviewed u and tells u that they were impressed by ur accomplishments or something.
That must mean, he went back to review ur application to see what ur interviewers wrote.
Still some PDs are just to busy to reply everybody while some make it a point of duty not to reply anyone.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »