Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Same old question: kaplan is adequate for step 2? - bookbug
Hello, my friends, congrads for your success in passing steps and marching towards residency in the near future. I am still struggling in passing these steps right here before my computer.

I have reviewed kaplan IM, Peds, OBGYN, Psy and Surgery and have done kaplan online qbank with average score of 70%. I want to ask you whether I should take a look at other step 2 materials such as Blueprint. I want to take the exam in April or May. Can you please answer my question and give me some suggestions about how I should study in next 2 months.

Thanks.
Kaplan notes, Crush the boards or step 2 secrets, Kaplan Qbank or USMLE world Qbank.
Make sure u do the revision.Read the answers and the explanations.
From ur point now, U shd be ready in less than one month.
Use books like blueprints ONLY for reference.
If u are getting 70% and over consistently in Kaplan or 60% consistently on USMLE world qban, then go for it.
Thanks matrix, what you said is encouraging. I have several questions, please advice.

1. how many revisions should I do? certainly this depends on individuls, but I want to get a general idea about this.
2. Yes, I constantly get 66-76% on kaplan online qbank. But most of the questions are directly derived form the kaplan notes. So I thought everyone who read the notes should get 70%. I have not done UW. I dont how long will it take to finish it.
3. Should I do CCSSA? What is the score should I get in order to pass?

Thank you so much for your help.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »