Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
all the best for match - vdr
Hi everyone,
I would like to share my story as an IMG and how i succeded in joining the residency at very good program.My journey started in 2004 with a broken marriage and as a new immigrant to USA with no support from any one nor i knows anyone.There were days when eating food was not sure and was doing odd jobs for money but i never lost hope and worked hard ,completed steps with average scores as i was under tremendous pressure while taking those exams ,thanks to god i passed .I did not match when i applied first time and that was big blow to me financially ,emotinally . Called all the programs asking for externship/observership/research and again by gods grace got a chance to work as voluntary research assistant at a university but soon things went bad and being female physician was exploited professionally and i realized nothing was working in my favor but i was strong and determined ,joined with another researcher and got publication which helped me tremendously during my second attempt for match .my profile was complete with good PS,LORS,Research background ,step 3 and matched into university program in IM on H-1B.So i would like to tell everyone on this post especially to female collegues plz dont lose hope .For everyone problem there is a solution and you should find ways to overcome and never degrade your profession and your personality. I like this forum very much as it helped me a lot during my preparation for residency .Sometimes i see posts which are relevant but feel sad when i see posts which are useless and nonsense .this forum is meant to share information which is relaible and plz dont change it.
Good luck to all match participants and may all your dreams come true and make the profession proud .
Thanks

Thanks for your sharing your experience with us, there is a will, there is a way. It is not easy to be a female physician in US, but we can, and even a good one. Good luck all!

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »