Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
jackson park hospital externship--anyone?? - zulfi

does anyone know anything about this?

do they give LOR's to people who work hard?

are they friendly to people with average scores?

is it worth the money spent??

does anyone know anything?
no i did but did not get even interview from them.. so if you have low or average score.. not worth it.. even lor is not good as its like certificate says person did externship from this to this dat only..nothing else. two line only

thanks for the input.

I did externship but did not get interview.2 of my friends did and they matched there.If u meet there criteria and do externship there and are good at ur externship then it is helpful

U will get lor.

i dont meet their criteria for residency. but im wondering if externship will be any helpful for other programs.

what are their expectations of externs? and do they only offer externships to people interested in FM?

My brother did a surgery rotation there I did my rotation in NY for psych he said he never worked so much but he got a strong letter of recommendation 2 lines wow thats very sad
the professors should know we need these letters all this work and 2 lines?? Maybe the person was not good at his job my brother is applying this year we will see surgery is very tough
which specialities do they give externships
for FM.

so you do a week on each rotation...one week psych, one week surgery, one week obgyn...like that.

I just dont think one week (technically 5 days) is enough for someone to get to know you well enough to write an outstanding letter of reference. And that is my only beef with this program. I would rather to another extership in one specialty where my time is best spent having the attendings and such get to know me better.

im debating. dr. murthy called me and approved my application. but, im still debating everything.
Extremely rude people, from professional to the lowest position people.They have no regards for
people like us.I got a letter of recommendation worth nothing on it. but if you have no other place to do externship go there.I am not happy about my time spent there.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »