Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
h4 to j1 help... - ashoopar1
hi ..

i need to go from H4 to J1. I am thinking of going to India for getting J1 stamped. is it easy? does it matter if my husband has applied for GC (he is in the early stage, and his priority date won't be current for a few years) please advise. will greatly appreciate ur help!!!
anyone... plz.....
Can be risky.Since J1 needs-no intent to immigrate option.Ask a lawyer
ashoopar1 :Will there be any difficulty to switch from h4 to j1? why do u want to travel to India and have a stamping when u are on a h4? why dont u get the ji visa documents and travel after commencing residency?
thanks benten and resilentdoc for ur replies.

resilentdoc: I hear that it may take 4 to 5 months to get "change of status" done in US and it is faster if i go to india for stamping. please let me know if you know more about change of status within US, if you know.... thanks a ton...
yes it does take longer to transfer and I hear you send your original I -94 to them too so even if its delayed you don't have any other option other than waiting.

lets get in touch with each otehr to see hwats best for our condition.

usmle11

Thanks
i am changing my status to J1 too .
The USCIS website says ,The national avg is 3 months .but lawyers say anywhere btw 3--5 months .
But no option so going for that .

Any suggestions ?
md09

so you are planning to change in USA??
what about visit to home country do you have any palns to visit home country during 3 years as you need to give interview at US embassy at that time to get Visa stamped anyway.

SO have you applied for the change of status? I have heard it can take 3 -6 months. but in case of delay you dont have any control over situation and getting it stamped at home country is fastest way
hi guys..i m also applying for change of status to j1...but am not too sure whether to go to india or do it from here...any guidance will help!

thnaks!

plz email me at -- psychiatry.res
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »