Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canadian PR - gegamushroom
I am in the final stage of immigration to Canada and I will be required to do the landing. I am also planning to apply for IM in both the US and Canadian match. If I match in the US (no hope to match in Canada !!), will there be a possobility not to lose my Canadian PR status ??

your help will be appreciated.
yep i think so.....for candian PR u have to stay in canada for 2 yrs out of 5 and after that if ur card is expiring then u can renew it but it will only be renewd if u wrer present in canada for 730 days....not consecutive how ever way... so u can land get ur pr status and then leave do ur residency and then come back as soon as possible....u just have to make sure that in 5 yrs u are in canada for 730 days and that is 2 yrs......this information is all on their website...www.cic.gc.ca..hope it helped....and while doing residency u can make sure that u spend every vacation of urs in canada so that woul dbe 3 weeks a yr which ofcurse soem tiems count...:-)hope u get into a nice residency...
hi , gegamushroom , iam also applying for canadian pr , can u tell me why its difficult to get residency in canada?
Thanks jmm, I know those rules but if i go like that, it will be a very tight schedule, especially that I would like to spend some time doing observerships in the US before the interviews (if I got any). I saw people here talking about taking a j1 visa from Canada in order to do residency in the US then returning back to Canada. I wonder if this can lead to some sort of exemption from that rule. Please help.........

@ massakkali, Canada offers about 20 IM positions for IMGs each year. With thousands of IMGs applying, you can imagine how the chances are horrible !! FM, however, is more available for IMGs in Canada, but even though, still way way more compititive than FM residencies in the US.
Please any Canadian PR who got matched in the US ????
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »