Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my last resort- ecfmg cert - usmlenecfmg
good morning to everybody. already posted this question before. how to retake old exams- passed steps 1&2 n ecfmg cert 1995. this is >7years old so i can retake these exams already. the problem is i called ecfmg( who tells me that i have to get letter from any state to support my retake) n i called fsmb who said i should clarify it again with ecfmg who again said that ecfmg-wise, my ecfmg is for life! have already seen posts of some people doing this - retake of old tests- complete with scores of retake of old passed scores, but everytime i ask for details, there is no answer. pls help. i tried to do it and called these agencies but no definite answer. so i am trying to look for help in this forum which is my last resort, or am i too old for this?
If u r ECFMG certified.YOu don't need to take the exams.Even if u wanted to(to improve scores etc),I don't think you can repeat them if you r already certified.
k. thank you for responding, benten.
i have to disagree with benten. Your ecfmg is valid for seven years as far as taking step three is concerned. If you take step three within seven years of passing your first exam then you are right you are not eligable to take any of step one or two over. However if you do not take and pass step three within seven years of your exam you not only can but you must repeat that exam over. I know this for a fact because i have a friend who finished his four years neurology residency and at the end of it was trying to take his step three however it had been over seven years since he had taken his step one so he had to retake step one just to take step three and he was devastated. He however did not have to take step two nor do i think he was allowed to because at that point i think it was only five or six years since he had passed step two. But as far as your step one and two goes it only becomes permanent once you have passed step three. Please also remember that even if you have gone over seven years and take the exams over that your old scores still remain on your official usmle transcript.
Yes,you are right.I did not think about step 3.
check some states who do not have 7 years limit
ishakusmle, may i ask how ur friend was able to retake the step 1? in ur friend's case, he was devastated but in my case, that is what i want to do- retake my previous steps 1&2 because many states to which we would like to apply for res check first if there is a chance that after the res, we will practice in that state- and with year 1995 ecfmg, i am now very limited to what states i can apply in. Can pls anybody help? My e-mail pbjuly469. i did my part of contacting the concerned ecfmg and fsmb but i was not given a definite answer. pls help...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »