Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
scores? - sephora9
What should you be scoring on q-book exams? I'm getting low 60's and feel discouraged. What should you be getting that correlates to well above passing on the real exam? Thanks.
anyone?
Sephora,
It's hard for somebody to make a correlation of the Kaplan Qbook with the real score of step 1 exam. I don't want to discourage you, but honestly ,getting only low 60s on your Qbook does not guarantee you a passing score on the real exam for the time being. I'm telling you all this from my experience.
Be optimistic and keep studying hard to improve your performance. When have you planned to take your exam ? What about another scores or percentages in different tests ?
Good luck on your exam.
matoka
Hello Sephora9,
I am sure you are on the right track if and ONLY if you take about 3 to 5 sets of test consisting of 50 to 60 questions and the result are broken down to various areas of strength and weakness. From this analysis you can spend about 2 weeks each on the subjects of your weakness, then do questions on those subjects from just about any source to build up your mastery of those areas . Now you can return to the general Qbank questions or NMBE to MOCK or simulate the USMLE !! You will begin to see some improvements in your scores even if they increase by just 5-points. Use the same strategy over and over until you begin to hit 75 and above percentile; then you know you are ready for the actual usmle.

Good Luck !!

Your Majesty,
EL Rey, Don-Romeo
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »