Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please help me out. - kleo
Hi everyone

I had applied for this year's match with creds of
Step 1 220/91
Step 2 ck 215/88
step 2 cs Pass (certified in October only)
step 3 ( 80 results only only in january third week)
2007 grad
need visa
2 months observership in a clinic.

Got 5 iv's but didnt match.
Now i have got an opportunity to observe in a community hospital univ affiliated(that has a residency program) once a week for a couple of hours..

I also have an opportunity to volunteer in research in a private hospital.

Friends what do you think i do? Shall i take up the research as well or shall i look for more observerships seeing that i have an observership only once a week..

I'm very confused. I would be very grateful if you can kindly give me your ideas. Thank you very much.
work for observership in same specialty in which you are planning to apply, if your observership is in same then it is fine and work more hours, couple of hrs will not help. Full time externship or observership at appropriate place is the only way to improve your credentials for next match.
thats the best advice
thank youy tipusmle . I have got the opportunity to observe in Internal Medicine and planning to apply to the same field. The only prob is i can only get to observe once a week for 2 hours. So instead of research shall i work my way in the hospital to get more observerships ?
Frankly how much is research valid if its done in a private hospital? Thank you very much.,
if it results in publication with your name in, then helpful. If you have 2 hrs observership, you can proceed for more hrs by showing your interest and work. Also new doors may open by your observership experience to more promissing options. Learn how to make contacts.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »