Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what's the answer? - ali90
3. A 72-year-old professor emeritus comes to the office saying, "I am worried that I have Alzheimer's or small strokes or something." During the past year, he has noted increasing difficulty with his memory, especially for names, which has created several awkward moments professionally and socially. He adds, "I'll be doing fine, when all of a sudden my mind goes blank. I can't recall something I should easily know, and then suddenly it will come back to me a couple of minutes later." He complains that he frequently misplaces items like his keys, which is very unlike him. He also complains that his sleep is not restful anymore and that he tosses and turns all night. His wife has told him that she is not sleeping either, because he snores loudly. He says, "I'm tired much of the time, and I doze off whenever I try to read." He also complains of frequent headaches in the morning. Past medical history includes hypertension, which is well-controlled with diltiazem; peptic ulcer disease for which he takes ranitidine; and lumbar osteoarthritis, for which he takes ibuprofen. Height is 175 cm (5 ft 9 in) and weight is 72 kg (160 lb). Vital signs are: temperature 36.9°C (98.4°F), pulse 80/min and regular, respirations 12/min and blood pressure 158/100 mm Hg. Physical examination, including neurologic examination, is normal. He scores 29 out of 30 on the Mini-mental state test. Which of the following is the most appropriate next step?

A) Order CT scan of the head
B) Order electroencephalography
C) Reassure him that his symptoms are probably normal
D) Refer him for neuropsychological testing
[E) Refer him for polysomnography]
[E) Refer him for polysomnography]

sounds like he z hving narcolepsy....
Sounds like the nl aging. I'd go with C.
Yae it looks like normal age realated changes
DDDDDDDDDD
Sorry i mean EEE
E ...below 24 will be abnormal mmse...he has 29.hypertension,snoring,daytime somnolence ipoints to OSA.why does he have morning headaches,though?
EE
sounds like normal aging
because absence of obesity r/o osa
and narcolepsy is unlikely
so answer C

what is the answer btw????
what about frequent headach in morning?i choose A
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »