Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
too late for matching 2009? - usmleshida
Hi everyone. I need some advice.
I have passed USMLE step 1 and taking step 2 ck next 3 weeks ahead. I registered for usmle cs but unfortunately I applied so late that I couldn't find any place earlier than end of July. I am very worry and dont know whether I have any chance for matching 2009?
Any one knows?
Obviously u meant match 2010,in this case to maximize your chance u should have passed step1 ck and cs by September 1st,
gl
u can check the ecfmg.org schedueling again, there are many availablle in april and if it is not compatible with u dont worry every month there are new slots open so prepare well and visit the site every hour for updates
I agree with img2010. Keep looking for dates regularly everyday on the ecfmg site. u should definitely mange to get one. I did that last year for my CS and I got a date for december. And I have matched this year. so july is not late. Just make sure u work hard and pass CS in the first attempt, because if u fail u may not have much time to give it again before the match.
All the best.
Thanks so much for your comments guys. Yes I mean 2010 matching.
Do you know if I schedule again now do I need to pay rescheduling penalty? And a silly questionSmile ,Should I just cancel my appointment first and then select another date?
Doctor 76 I will receive my CS result in early Oct. Do you think it is still ok?
So many thanks again.
You have to pay rescheduling only within 2 weeks from the test date.
You shouldn't cancel, press "reschedule", and when you find better date, the previous appointment will be cancelled automatically.
Take the exam earlier, so that you have the result before Sept. 1. It is possible to reschedule, you can sit for a day in front of the CS calendar and refresh all the time, and you will certainly catch a date.
Thank you so much malleolus! and everyone! Yesterday evening I was almost all the time in front of the computer refreshing the cs calendar. I hope this week I can find one!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »