Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To tac and other people......about residancy - shine
If i do volunteer work in the hospital of my choice will it help me to get in to residancy there?
Please tell me. I got the application from hospital If i sign it i have to work 1 yr in hospital as a volunteer.
I have to decide now...so please help me.
Will it really help doing volunteer work at hospital?
Hi,
It definitely increases you chances. But, it also depends on your credentials and the policies of the hospital towards FMGs and visa issues.. I know a person who prematched in a good university program on H1 even though that program had never sponsored a H1 visa before.. on the other hand, I know people who were not invited for an interview by their own program where they had worked for months because the hospital does not encourage FMGs.
So, there are many factors that need to be taken into consideration but I strongly believe that contacts that you develop during your volunteer work will help you a great deal in matching with that program.
Chetan
Thanx chetan
I am talking about orlando regional medical hospital. I know it is not img friendly.
I have green card.It is 1/2 an hr drive from my home
I am also getting apportunity to do volunteer work in mayo clinic jaksonville.
It is 2 &1/2 hrs drive from my home.
I don't know about mayo clinic ,Whether they consider img or not
So what u think. What offer i should accept?
Please guys i want your input. I have to make decision.
shine by volunteering u mean in research or which field.am asking cos i plan to start after my exam.
Hi there...
Now this may be a stupid question...But I have no idea how to go about asking for observerships...I am not in your area ...but how did you get one of these ?
could you please email me with some advice ? I would greatly appreciate it as I feel totally lost ...der4dr
Thanks..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »