Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To TAC and ra and others - match_attender
Congrats, fellows!

I am taking my step 2 exam in 2 wks (early April). Then I have to take step 1 and CK. Please guide me to to study in order to attend 2006 match. I will take 5 months off and focus on step 1 exam. I plan to give step 1 in September. After that, I will take CS. Is this a good plan?

Please advice! Thanks in advance!
Hmmm..... I dont think that is a good plan.....
As FMGs, it is very important that we apply early for residency. SO I would advise you to have at least the results of step 1 and step 2 CK in september so you can apply for residency. Do you live in the US? If so, it is even better if you can take step 2 CS prior to september as well. I think that will help you in your application.

Take your step 2 CK in 2 weeks... Then maybe take step 1 in july.... And CS in the middle of august. I think that would be a good schedule for you.

Of course, each person is different so only u will know how long u need to prepare for each exam.... But , whatever you do, make sure that you don´t take step 1 after the second week of august!!! So that u have step 1 and step 2 ck results in september and then can apply.

Good luck!

TAC
Thank you, TAC! You are still as helpful as before. I think you will be very sucessful in your future career!

Your guidance is good. I will take step 2 in early April, then I prepare for CS while I am waiting for my CK results. Assuming I smoothly pass my CK and CS (LOL, it seems like I am dreaming). Then I start to prepare for step 1 from early May. I study step 1 for about 4 months and then take step 1 in middle August. If I pass step 1 (dreaming again), I will attend 2006 match.

The question is that I dont know if 4-month full time study is enough for me to pass or get a score of 85 above. I have relatively solid Pharmacology, pathology, anatomy and physiology because I learned them in year 2002. I still remember some of them. But I need time for other subjects such as histology, molecular biology, biochemistry, etc. Can you please give me some advice about how to study for step 1? What materils are best? Can I make it in 4-month period? If I have to take it later like in September or October, do I still have some chance to attend to the match 2006? Yes, I am living in US with GC and some research + clinical experience. All I need is passing scores.

Please advise! Thank you.

any other advice, plz? I will determine my timetable based on your suggestions. GL to all of you!
thank you

Only you can know the time you need for adequate preparation... As you know your own background, rhythm, etc. I believe 4 months are more than enough, but again, only u will know what u can do in this amount of time.

I strongly recommend AGAINST taking step 1 after september. Without step 1 score by the time u apply, no one will call u for an interview.

GL!

TAC
Thanks, TAC! This is the best advice that I can get. GL to you too.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »