Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Step 3 Advice/Info - unicornxox
Hello:
I am planning to take Step 3; Passed Step 1 and 2 in 1997 and took CSA last month. How do I find out which US State I am eligible to take Step3. I did one year PGY1 in 2000 and had to go back home due to family reasons. I know it's its going to be very hard to get back into program but I want to try after taking Step 3;
Can anybody advice/ give info.:-
1. Any state that does not have time limits for taking step 3, since it'll be more than 10 yrs after I passed Step 1.
2. How much time on a an average is good for preparation?
3. Which type of Kaplan service is most helpful?

I truly appreciate your help and guidance
Good Luck to everyone
~ cinco505
i applied at Delaware medical board..no whatsoever requirements
Thank you agr. Wish you the best
you too unicornxox..i just feel bad for you that you need to stop ur residency&again do this cycle again..im planning to take step 3 in june 5&6..i just recently failed step 3 by 1 point..i studied for 3-4 mos w/ full time job in b/w which is not really helpful...used PRimeir notes w/c is not enough to pass& UW qbank..

according to the forum seniors here 3-4 mos total focus is needed to pass step 3..

if you have the money and opportunity do live lectures from kaplan..w/c is expensive $1799..just called a kaplan center for this..

do assess yourself..call&go to a local kaplan center&do assessment of weaknesses..its free..

Hello Agr: Thanks for the message and sharing your experience. I am planning to take Kaplan courses. I spoke with couple of program directors and they recommended that I should take Step 3 and pass with very good score, as it would show that even with a lapse in clinical experience, my clinical knowledge is good.
I am just starting the application process and coming across alot of state regulations as to time limits between Step1 and Step 3. I just looked up Delaware board and will them to get info. Anything that you'd like to advice about Delaware board? I hope I do qualify to take Step 3 either in in Delaware or any other state...my last hope to get back to training.
Thanks again wish you the best, i can keep you posted on my progress if you want.
agr,
Hi, I am wondering if you have Premier review notes and if you do, can you share them?
My email is mykawaiigirl
Thanks.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »