Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matoka, how is your Step2 Prep going on????? G.L!! - sunson
I guess, you must have been very busy preparing for your Step2.

Thanks for your short reply. I have been anxiously awaiting your complete response to my last post, regarding USMLE Step1 Kaplan Review Vol. 1 & 2 Vs. Kaplan Notes 7 Volumes.

To my post, Jimmy has also responded. And thanks to him for the same.

You have answered others' enquiries almost instantly. I expected the same for me too!!!!

You might have forgotten about the complete reply or have been so much preoccupied that you didn't find time. What ever it is, I still value your personal commitments. If you can not answer my post, that is ok too. Let's take it easy.

How is your preparation for Step2 going on? Relax for a while. You need it, I am sure.

Your suggestions will be most welcome.

Good luck.
sunson,
I'm sorry I did not reply to you, I did not ommited you but I confused you with somebody else who sent me an e-mail, that I posted at somebody's request on this forum. I"m sorry for that confusion !
Regarding Kaplan books, I used only Kaplan homestudy, I bought it , I did not use those seven volumes. What kinds of volumes are they ? Are they the books that accompany the live lectures or rather the video lectures ???
Kaplan homestudy are not considered to be the best books, they are said not to be up-to-date.On the contrary, Kaplan notes are considered to be the best ones, and up-to-date as well. Which of them do you have or intend to use ?
Once again, I did confuse you with soembody who wrote me in my personal e-mail address ! So you're not the same guy !
I'm not studying for my step 1 exam yet, I'm still eagerly waiting for my step 1 result, which I hope to be a positive one from my heart of hearts, otherwise I will be lost forever and believe me, it would be a sin ! I took the USMLE step 2 sample test a week ago( 138 questions ) and I obtained 77,53%. It's only a promissing beginning and nothing more,it doesn't mean I'm ready to take my step 2 exam in the very near future ! No way !
What else could I tell you ? How could I help you online ? Good luck.
matoka
sunson,
Reading my message again, I realize I did many mistakes in my writing being too late by now and unfortunately, not being a good typist. I'm sorry. I like to speak and write English as correct as I can but firts of all, I do speak and write correctly in my mother tongue.
Good night. Please, drop me a line.
matoka
matoka, could you please answer me to a stupid q?
There are 4 exams ( step 1 , step 2 CK, step 2 CS, and step 3)? If step 2 has CS what is step 3? I am sorry , I have nobody to speak about this. I always tought are 3 exams...
mcris,
yes, there are four different exams and four different fees as well to subscribe for them. Step 2-CS is the most expensive one, as you know :$ 1200 for the time being.
You can read in the bulletin of information more about Step 3.I haven't reached that point yet to guide you.
You don't need to pass step 3 in order to apply fot the match or to get into a residency training program. First of all you must be ECFMG certified and then to think of Step 3. Some programs accept for a candidat to take step 3 only after a year of clinical experience.
This is all I currently know about step 3. By the way, it's a 16 hours exam, taken in two consecutive days, eight hours and eight hours, respectively !
matoka
sunson,
I'm still waiting for your reply !
matoka
Matoka,

Welcome back online.
Thanks for your reply.
Don™t worry about the confusion you had inadvertently.

I was looking for suggestions regarding the Kaplan Review Volumes 1 & 2 (I must have mentioned œHome Study Program) Vs. Kaplan Lecture Notes (7 Volumes, vol1 through vol7). By now I could get the required clarifications from various sources about the two, mentioned above. And I could decide on what works for me. However thank you for your input. I am about to consolidate all the strategies I have to follow.

I have great material with me now for my prep. I pray to God to guide me and bless me in the best way I deserved. I want to focus all my efforts on Step1 without any distractions. I need the right directions to reach my goal. And I trust in God that He guides me throughout my long journey of becoming a doctor in the USA. He walks along with me all through the way!

I can certainly understand your current psychological situation. But. I can only suggest you not to go so stressed out that you lose sleep. Try to stay relaxed, but without any anxiolytics. Just listen to your favourite music/ go for a walk/ go out with friends/ go to gym/ do some yoga/ meditate/ positive biofeedback.

I pray to God for your success. If you want to send in any of your suggestions, please feel free to do so at : drmargam@yahoo.ca

Best wishes for your success on Step1. God bless you!!!!

Sunson.

P.S. Reply asap.
Thanks matoka for your answer. All the best for you!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »