Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will cumulative of 52% on UW get in Step 1? - usmleacer1
Hey guys,

I am sorry for psoting this in this forum but i need advice from seniors who has done step 1.

I am doing UW and my cummulative is 52% in timed mode and unused for the first time.

I did NBME 5 and scored 390.

Do you guys think i can make it during the exam to get at least the national average pass.

I am an old IMG with a full time job and family so it is really hard to study and work

Thanks for you honest advices
anyone?
nbme5 is bit difficult but my exam was almost like that and nbme 3.i would suggest one more reading to uworld and go through kaplan books for exam go through all nbme pics coz u will get the same pics but q will be different so read those topics in deatail also
just learn kaplan pharma alongwith uw explaination for drugs moa s/e uses
for physio ...focus on endo,learn renal patho(esp..afferent and efferent arteriole concept...had many q about it)just make ur concept clear
immuno diseaes ,il
anatomy neuro...vimp.many xrays and ct about location of leision so must to know wat is location of structures
patho ..lots of q

i hope this will help u just try to get above 450 on ur next nbme to be safe side u will some q from step2 as well but dont' worry make ur basics strong.
"Do you guys think i can make it during the exam to get at least the national average pass?"

No, I don't think so. I think you are one the borderline of passing. The formula is:

USMLE Step 2 score = 2.3(UW score) + 84

Right now, you have a 203 by UW and about a 200 by NBME (1.1 SD below the mean is about 20 below the average which is about 220). Passing is a 187 I think.

So, I think you are on the borderline and I do NOT think you will get the national average if you take the exam tomorrow.
Thanks Guys for your advice. Will focus on your suggestions
it's probably not enough to take exam.
go through question bank a second time.
the issue is not necessarily the score but your understanding and appreciation of concepts.
i have similar challenges like you but i did two qbanks to help me further understand concepts but remember uw is always enough on its own
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »