Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ecfmg certificate - anshuman3
i'm an img from india trying for 2006 match and will take my step 1 and 2 in june.my credentials and transcript were sent to ecfmg yesterday. i plan to take cs in late october so that it may coincide with my interviews.will i get my ecfmg certificate after step 2 cs result?if yes ,will it affect my chances of getting interviews?(as i will not be ecfmg certified at the time of applying)
anybody can throw some light on this?and /or suggest some alternative plan?
anshuman
please guys.anybody answer.thanks
CS is a part of step2 & u need to pass step1,2 to get ECFMG certified. u can tell the program director when he asks u at the time of interview that u have already taken CS and u r awaiting the results.But u should have the certificate by the last date specified in ECFMG website.I think its jan 31st so there shudn't be any prob if u take CS in Oct if u r sure that u'll pass.
thanks monica.but i think chances of getting interviews without ecfmg certificate and cs result are poor,i'm thinking of scheduling cs in august.
angshuman, are you done with your step2ck?i heard of my seniors who have actually matched .they did the same as you are planning- took cs in october and then applied to universities without cs results. i think universities , if they want a candidate , can get the results of cs of that candidate in advance from ecfmg- earlier than the candidate comes to know about it. but these could be isolated incidents.taking cs earlier increases your chances more than anything- it may cost you a little more- but i think you should go ahead now.
by the way, your name sounds like you are from bengal.i am from calcutta too. would you mind leaving your email address here- so that i could discuss with you few essential thing with you?i am in the same shoe as you are- planning cs in july- aug
sonia-
i've yet to schedule a date for cs and after extensive search i'm almost convinced that july-august will be the best time for this.
i am also thinking to join dr schwartz although not sure presently.would like to have a feedback on this.
u can always mail me at anshuman3
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »