Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to do counseling for panic attack? - eisyu
Can anyone help me? Thanks.
mr x i recommend u to try some relaxation techniques and exercises, i have a pamplet for that, my nurse can bring it to u, also during an episode try to breathe slowly until u calm down, and also try to avoid the stressor ( if any), for smtime till we manage ur condition
It depends if the pt comes to clinic or if pt comes to ER. If the pt comes to clinic you can cousel him/her as usmled said.

But be CAREFUL if the pt is in ER and is complinging to sever chest pain and breathlessness. In that case you can tell that pt that you will like him to stay in the clinic for sometime so you can observe him and may be give him something for his chest pain and oxygen for breathlessness.

Its very imrportant to make sure you provide the necessary urgent care first to pt in severe distress before telling him about relaxation techniques. Also never counsel based on one diagnosis ( how do you know that the pt has panic attack, it could be angina which should be ruled out first). Cousel based on ur differentials. Smile
Thanks a lot, usmled and sandra007.
i would advice u to try some relaxation tecniques,avoid any stressors u know about that...when u have that episode try to breath slowly and remember to keep one paper bag handy in ur purse and during that episode breath into that paper bag it will going to control ur symptoms much faster
thanks guys.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »