Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please advise, NBME3 400... - mdansi
I have my test scheduled next week and cannot postpone, I desperately need guidance how to improve my score... Would it be enough if I go over UW again? Or I need to read Kaplan books in weak subjects also? I am trying my best but I have a 1 year old who wants my attention, too... Please give me your advice...Thanks!
see what are your weak points, what was the reason for your mistakes (lack of knowledge, time issue, not reading the Qs carefully, ....) and then focus on improving them by reading Kaplans or UW Subjects...
Good luck!
Very depressed... thank you mdinsd for your advice!!
Anybody has other tips?
read all incorrect UW q's. use filter. in one week you cannot do lot of things. but if you have your own note, read them. do at least 2-3 block incorrect q's in timed mode for time management. time is money. GL.
Go throu only ur weak subjects as per nbme .UW Qs should be good enough since u have only a weeks time. Like 3 days before, give nbme 2 and see where u are. It is more predictive. Do not get tensed. Try to be cool.For Ethics and Biostatistics, just do those chapters only from kaplan. I did them like one day before the exam for only 2 hours, because that was my weak areas, and beleive me, I had like atleast 10 Qs from those few pages in kaplan like positive /negetive predictive values, sensitivity and specificity, relative risk, confidence intervel,ethics, brain death related Qs. Also if u have made notes,try to finish them in the last 2 days. Last but not the least , do ur best and leave the rest to God! U will do fine. Hope this helps.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »