Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LOR in BLACK/dr.belibi/ med help/anyone - gulshanuppal
hey guys
i have got a US LOR for my externship but the letter writer signed in black ink
now what to do? coz in the cover sheet thay have mentioned to sign in ink other than black...
i will appreciate the help
I usually recommend to print out the instruction for on the eras website and send it to the writer so he/she can follow it well and write the letter accordingly. It would be a shame if the letter is not usable for a minor error.
For ex it is recommended to have the writer mention your aamc # as indicated in my book.
The aamc # becomes available once you have applied for a token which you can do at the end of this month. I think you are too early in the game. I think you should contact your writer once you have all the instructions for writers by eras handy and give it to your writer and have him add to the letter and sign it with the appropriate ink.

You have gone so far, do not accept anything less than perfect for your application.
In my book I gave instructions on LOR inquiries. I also revealed the importance of waiving your right to see the letter, but that is a topic for another day.

Dr. Belibi
thanks
any one else????
who might have used such LOR with black ink signature
I think we suppoded to respect all the Recommendations given on the ERAS website but I would add my personnal experience ( so , its not at all any kind of Solicitation to do this)

my Letters from my School and all my Experince from outside of USA were in Black ink (because thuis is the Official ink color in Eropean countries)

but I did not have any problems with this issue with ERAS I just send a letter expalining to them ( as said above) ..

omg!
I had my LORs in black and infact one was a copy.. Didnt matter....
Dear Gulshan!

We Should follow instructions given on the ERAS website; Ideally speaking Smile but this is real world not a fairy tale and you are not an alice in wonderland Smile We have to try for the best possible But We should try that without being obsessed

The guidelines for LOR you know very well and we wont repeat those

We know from experience of previous years that Many IMGs come to US well before the start of match season and they request LORs while being in their home countries somewhere in may, june or even before that so they may have LORs in black ink but that does not matter in the end.

While looking at the LOR the Program directors give weight to these things

1) who has given the recommendation .... if he/she is a big shot and writes few good words about you ... it can help you enter a residency program with ease... we have seen that happening!!!!

2) What is being written in the LOR... if the LOR writer recommends you strongly specially if he has known you for sometime ; it will definitely give you edge over the others

3) Personalized LORs earn you more interviews than general LORs

So stop worrying about ink Smile and get to the real business.

GL

Medhelp Team

For PS, LOR, Resume, MSPE services

medhelp@live.com

i really appreciate ur help....oh my god, cd45, medhelp
hi gulshan!
how'r things going out there? have u taken step 2 ?
good luck c ur cs result

tibebe

@ tibebe
oh man gud to hear from u..
i am having step 2 ck on 4 aug
wish u luck for 24june...let me know the results
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »