Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how can I help you guys - itguy
> how about u write a web crawler specifically designed to sniff all residency program websites, which gathers all
> the information about program requirements and post it in a tabular format on some website or forum. This will
> help everyone in scanning for programs based on their requirements.

frieda as some info, however thats the formal info, there is no "insider" information.. that gets posted on websites like these. and is difficult to track...

there is a website called trackitt.com which is a US immigration tracker, it collects data from users and then displays it in a table... we could do something similar, if the users are dedicated and see if it could help a few years down the line...

hi

some work already started ...

writing some code to grab frieda info like
"Interviews conducted last year for first year positions"

no of 1st year positions..

required LOR ...

one question

take a AMA-frieda code...

140-48-21-459

140=> Internal Medicine
48=> texas
what are the last 2 numbers ?
21 => ??? is this some program type ???
459 => probably to id the program..

let me know...

how about make a list of programs and there requirment for diffrent specialities.
it would be a great help for very one.
eg.
program name.
USMLE score.
attemps'
visa.
year of grad.
hey itguy good start.
I would also recommend that u do all of the following:
1. gather info from Frieda. (u r already in process of doing this)
2. gather info from program websites
3. start your own forum/website for all this information
4. on ur website add template which let user enter all the info/data regarding their credentials.
5. on ur website add template which let use enter pre and post match information.
6. make your website search friendly. add tools for misc match related search.

You can use some web-crawler to scan this forum and following 2 forums to gather information about
credentials, pre/post match info, etc..
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=sdn+forums
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=prep+usmle
** click on the first link provided by above 2 google search links to get to forums.

AND make sure your forums/website is moderated like these 2 above, otherwise it will be a mess like this forums where there is so much spam and fights going on.

in fact once u have all this info on a website, u can be like matcharesident.com or residencyplace.com
and in future if u want to make money u can use the forum membership function to do that, i.e. rather than charging people for a list. u can ask them to get paid membership where they can browse your data-base use all the nifty search functions.

GL
please use this thread to provide feedback on what the site or forum could contain.
I will keep bumping it up to get feedback from time to time...

I am not in for a forum at this point as there are too many forums. I want to provide something
which others do not provide, see the response/donations/money and then decide if I want to
dedicate more time for it. again this is not intended for profit, it is just for paying the webhosting
provider and to pay any engineers I may need to hire to improve/maintain the site,software as it develops.

Right now I also have a personal interest, so that will fuel my thoughts...
Watch this thread, for the website...
currently there is noting presentable...

hi

any clues to my question earlier ?
see
??? is this some program type what is a valid set of numbers ???
below
-------------------------------

one question

take a AMA-frieda code...

140-48-21-459

140=> Internal Medicine
48=> texas
what are the last 2 numbers ?
21 => ??? is this some program type what is a valid set of numbers ???
459 => probably to id the program..

let me know...

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »