Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
to APPLICANT GUIDE-plz help regarding MA certific? - usmlemed123
i need your sincere reply and help regarding medical assistant.how to get the certification as a med assistant?is there any online website?i heard from the forum ,but when i tried and completed online form(it came as incomplete for MA-filled my 51/2 yrs of med school)

so can please let me know abt this or do we need to attend any courses(length of such course/fees) to get MA cert and to work..

thanks in advance..
Hi,

AMT1.COM

good luck
any more inputs...thanks saralyet
applicant guide,plz put your inputs.
sorry i dont have much info, but you can contact these people
http://www.medassistant.org/
expensive and useless
ok.thanks applicant guide and sona81.will look for any other info and will share if i come across any.
dear sona81, can you please throw some light to these people who are searching for MA certification, how can they find something not "expensive and useless", thank you.
As far as I'm concern, the course itself will take about 9 months and the price varies. If you take it in adult school might be cheaper, like around $1000, if you take it at school like everest it can cost you up to $9000. They mostly teach you how to room patient, take vitals, do administrative jobs, draw blood, etc. Most states do not require you to have MA certification to work in private practice. Some states has requirements if you need to do back office job, suc as CA requires phlebotomy certification. Phlebotomy course takes 6-12 weeks and cost around $1000. It's usually needed if you apply for research coordinator position that requires you to draw blood. There are some other types of certification such as clinical research, drug abuse counseling, etc which takes around 1 year to finish and cost around $5000. In my opinion, we want to have certification that shows our advancement instead of just mastering taking vitals and stuff. After all, MA is a low paying job with not much potential of career improvement. It's just not too suitable if you also want to use it as a back up plan.
I think I have a better view now, thank you for clarification.
Hi again,

Ididn't ask you if u r IMG and u want to get MA cert.?if u r ???AMT1.COM is the right place you don't have to take any class, just contact them and send your degree and any documents u have but 1st contact them and ask them ,,,,,the lady's name is Renee.
I've got permission to take the test and get MA certif. with out any class and one of my friends is already got it with 3 hrs test only.

I hope this is the right answer.....

Thanks
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »