Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IMGs-HEAR IS STRAIGHT FROM THE PROGRAM DIRECTORS - imginform

At the upcoming IMG seminar (August 8th, Kaplan Test Center, Baltimore, MD), IMGs will have a rare opportunity to meet current residency program directors and immigration attorney who will answer a whole host of questions. Here are a few of those that were addressed in the previous seminar:
1. Which one does program directors prefer, research assistantship or observership? Is observership considered hands on clinical experience? What do directors think of paid observerships?
2. Is a step 3 score looked at during the initial evaluation of an application?
3. Is visa status a part of the initial screening criteria?
4. Does a time lapse in my CV have a negative impact on my candidacy?
5. If I am applying for internal medicine residency, but have a LoR from a surgeon, does that still get considered?
6. Should I "waive the right" to view the LoR?
7. How do I discuss prematch with the directors? How soon would I usually get one?
8. How does an old graduate compensate for time elapsed since medical school?
In addition, the directors will review the ERAS application in great detail, provide templates for Letter of Recommendation and guide specifically regarding the framework of personal statement. Most interestingly, they will conduct practice interviews with some of the IMGs to help them be better prepared when its time for real interview.
Immigration attorneys Khorzad Mehta & Dana Delott, from the Murthy Law Firm, will be giving a talk and addressing concerns on complex of visa issues.
Don't miss this opportunity.

Here are the details of the IMG seminar

Date: August 8th, 2009. 9am to 4 pm
Venue: Kaplan Test Center, 733 W. 40th St. Suite#200, Baltimore, MD 21211
Guest Program directors: Dr Norm Dy (St Agnes), Dr Eugene Obah (GBMC), Dr Surendra Marur (Greater Baltimore Med Ctr)
Guest Immigration Attorney: Khorzad Mehta, JD & Dana Delott, JD (Murthy Law Firm)
Email Dr Parekh at vaibhavparekh16 to register for the seminar
Make sure to view video clips of the past seminar on the website.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »