Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nbme 3 block Qs,pls help - yeastmito
Q 3
16yold boy with cytic fibrosis, short of breath, ankel edema for 2 days.
BP130/80, 37C, heart rate 82, RR 25, labored. Exam shows mild perioral cyanosis, jugular venous distension, bilateral ankel edema. mild right upper Q tenderness, S1normal, S2 increased. What 's the following most likley cause of symptomes
a) decrease systemic arterial pressure
b) increase plasma cooloid oncotic pressure
c) increase pulmonay vascular resistance
d) portal hypertension
e) reduced left ventricular ejection fraction

i pick c, answer is e?

Q7
2month old babay, found no breath in crib, apneic and cyanotic, no pulse, warm. after manually stabilizing next and position the airway, which next mx
a) postitive pressure ventilation and oxygenation
b) two chest thrust followed by chest compression
c) establish vascuar access
d) epinephrine
e)eletrical defibrillation
i pick a, but anser b?

Q 39
19y man with 6 month history of 2-3 daily foul smelling diarehea, 9kg weight loss, chronic cough, sinustitis, recurrent brochitis over past 2 year,.vital signs normal, heperresonance to percussion of the chest, deffuse rhonchi heard throughout, x ray of chest shows hyper inflation of lungs and chronic bronchiectatic changes in both upper lung fields. what is most likeely decreased in this pt?
a) residula lung volume
b) serum bicarbonate level
c) sperm count
d)stool fat
e) sweat chloride
i pick c , answer is b?

Q41
57y man, genealized weakness, joint pain for a month, purple rash on his legs for 3 days
previous blood transfusion, 5mm-1.5mm raised non blanching purple over lower extremeities, liver span 8cm, mild pain in the movement of shoulders ans knees, no swelling
cryoglobullins positive, AST 98, ALT 156,biopsy of skin leasion shows cryglobulins
what is the most liklely dx
a chronic hep c
b metoprolol toxicity
c multimple myeloma
d ra
e sle
f walderstromks macroglobulimia

I need some confirm of the right answers, thanks
c) increase pulmonay vascular resistance yep agree with you.
b) two chest thrust followed by chest compression
c) sperm count agree with you too ( bicar should increase)
a) chronic hep c
thanks dream88
could u explain the last q? why not multiple myeloma?
and should we follow the order of ABC to safe baby's life? I though first should establish breath?
also, dream88,
can you help me on the urinary incontinence qs.
I found that I always get wrong ansewers on this topic?
for last Q presentation ( post transfusion), increase Transat ( more ALAT) etc etc + frequent association of Hep C with Cryoglobulinemia.
for UI unfortunately i have the same problem Wink my advice review it from Kaplan and or UW it is well explained in Uworld ( and kaplan notes OB section).
best wishes.
Yeastmito try this link this may you help you to understand UI.

http://www.medical-library.org/journals2...inence.htm
thanks dream.
what about Q7, should we follow the abc order? I remembered in crush step 2, it mentioned that airway and breath should be established first even the pt is bleeding to death.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »